I need a new dvd player..

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
I dont have a huge budget because i am only a kid (18) but i just bought a samsung 42" dlp and now think i need to upgrade my sony porgressive scan dvd player.

I have been looking at the Denon 1920, is this a good buy for the money? I really want a dvd player with SACD and DVDA and this one has it. Also i cannot find if this dvd player has upconversion but im guessing it does since it does have hdmi but my real question is does it make sense to buy this dvd player (mainly for the sacd, also because the upconversion) when i have heard that my tv will do the upscaling for me.
any input would be appreciated or any other sugestion would be welcome also

luvdodo

luvdodo

Audioholic Intern
Oppo

I think the newer version of OPPO has what you are looking for at $150. Might wanna check it out.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
thanks do u have the model number by an chance ill look around and see if i can find it

luvdodo

luvdodo

Audioholic Intern
In my signature...

FierceTIMbo17 said:
thanks do u have the model number by an chance ill look around and see if i can find it

You can view that in my signature....

Let me know i fyou need any further info.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
FierceTIMbo17 said:
I dont have a huge budget because i am only a kid (18) but i just bought a samsung 42" dlp and now think i need to upgrade my sony porgressive scan dvd player.

I have been looking at the Denon 1920, is this a good buy for the money? I really want a dvd player with SACD and DVDA and this one has it. Also i cannot find if this dvd player has upconversion but im guessing it does since it does have hdmi but my real question is does it make sense to buy this dvd player (mainly for the sacd, also because the upconversion) when i have heard that my tv will do the upscaling for me.
any input would be appreciated or any other sugestion would be welcome also

What is it you are missing from your present DVD player that you think you need to fix with a new player?

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
What is it you are missing from your present DVD player that you think you need to fix with a new player?
wells my current dvd player only outputs 480p and i would like an upconverting dvd player, the main reason is because i would also like sacd dvda not to mention that my current dvd player is starting to flake out when using progressive scan

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis