H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
I have brand new 850 & 200 if you're interested.
Hey guys

I have the ELT525 5.0 set, and I love it but I've had it for a couple years and I'd like to upgrade. I WISH I could find some Rockets because they sound perfect for me, but what is around that would be comparable? I got the ELT525 5.0 set during their Black Friday event for $800 lol. I don't think theres anything better for that price. I'm looking to spend about $1100 on two towers and a center, and save for surrounds later. My sub is a SVS PB10-NSD and receiver Onkyo SR707. What do you guys think? I loved the smoothness and warm tonality of the ELT525s, just want a bigger sound and improve on the soundstage, and a new center since that is the ELT525's weak point.

E

exospire

Audioholic Intern
OnixMan - Check your PMs :)

Also... I'm trying to find the power requirements for the ELT525 series. I have the manuals but they don't say anything about power?? So what is their RMS range, does anyone know?

I'm asking because I'm looking to get an external amp :)

M

mannoiaj

Junior Audioholic
Rockets are for sale on audiogon, CHT, and emotiva from time to time. I think it's tough for us rocket owners to sell as it would be pretty tough to get even close to the performance and WAF for the money.

I would sell a front sound stage of 450's and a bigfoot to you for a really nice price if you were able to pick them up from my house.

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
Also... I'm trying to find the power requirements for the ELT525 series. I have the manuals but they don't say anything about power?? So what is their RMS range, does anyone know?

I'm asking because I'm looking to get an external amp :)
The ELT525 series aren't very sensitive so they'll need some decent power. I used to have a pair of the monitors and my 25wpc TCA gizmo wasn't enough juice running full range. With the lows going to a small sub it was nice, but not powerful enough for really blasting. I later powered them with an Onix A-55 and that (55wpc) was plenty of power for them. I also drove them with the XIA-160 and they REALLY responded well to that, but it's a bit of a mismatch since the amp cost 10x what the speakers did. (A Melody SP3 also drove them nicely at 38wpc, but those are the big kind of watts ;))

E

exospire

Audioholic Intern
I used to power my AV123 ELT525 5.0s with an Onkyo TX-SR506. I then upgraded to an Onkyo TX-SR707, and I could tell the speakers opened up a bit more and were more dynamic. That is what I've been using for a year or so now and I'm pretty happy with it. I do plan on getting an Emotiva Audio XPA-3 though, and I'm thinking I should do it before I get new speakers heh

The XPA-3 is 200RMS/channel... will the ELT525Ts and ELT525C be fine with that much power?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They will be perfectly fine with that kind of power. Isn't like you are going to push them with 100% of that power. It is like sticking a small block Chevy v8 into a 280Z - you have all that power when you want it, but most of the time it is just purring along practically at idle to get around. There is such a thing as overkill, but "more than enough" levels of power is rarely a problem. That is borderline overkill to me, but those speakers can probably also handle it fine.

G

Gabe Osborn

Audiophyte
If anyone is interested, I have a surround sound set of rockets for sale in brand new condition. They are just much too big for my living conditions. 2 RS480s, 2 RS450s, and 1 RSC200. Let me know if you are interested.

J

jalesi

Junior Audioholic
I had two sets of AV123 speakers. I sold my Statiks to a family member. Those sounded great but I used the proceeds to help fund my RBH 8300's. I still have the MFW 15 and a pair of RS450's a pair of RS750s and the smaller center channel. If I get rid of them, it will be to another family member with first rights if they go to sell them. My MFW15 still booms, no issues with any of the electronics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis