I love Kurt Denke from Blue Jeans Cable

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Okay show me some specific measurements and metrics of 600 series cables compared against Radio Shack wire of the same gauge.

Let me see and independent test with the specific measurements.

What are you saying that electrons travel over your copper wire different than cheaper copper wire? I say you have very good marketing!

Copper wires are a commodity product.
I think you're missing the point Midcow. The issue is not a difference in metrics, signal transmission and/or resistance/impedance but build quality. Tougher rugged cables with good connectors and put together well by competent hands will last a heck of a lot longer than those cheap-o cables. I've had those cheap things fail on me within weeks before, even without any tugging/pulling/bending. :eek:

EDIT: Ah, I just read your very last post before this one, I skipped past it a little too quickly in my haste to reply. It sounds like we're all on the same page now.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I think you're missing the point Midcow. The issue is not a difference in metrics, signal transmission and/or resistance/impedance but build quality. Tougher rugged cables with good connectors and put together well by competent hands will last a heck of a lot longer than those cheap-o cables. I've had those cheap things fail on me within weeks before, even without any tugging/pulling/bending. :eek:

EDIT: Ah, I just read your very last post before this one, I skipped past it a little too quickly in my haste to reply. It sounds like we're all on the same page now.
Well you better watch that tugging/pulling/bending habit of yours!:D

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I've never used Blue Jeans cables but at first blush they don't seem overpriced- they're pretty cheap compared to the competition. Sure, you may not think cables are that important, but you can't deny that you get better aesthetics and durability by spending a bit more than the $2.50 it takes to get the disposable red-and-white freebies that come with cheap components. IME those cheapies have crappy RCAs that are often too tight, and tend to not fit ideally. Plus the jacket is pretty skimpy- it's easy to break them.

Anyway, they're a lot cheaper than Monster. It seems they make an effort to only spend more money on the parts that will make a better, longer lasting product.

Just my $.02 worth.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

I actually switched from $2000 Kimber Select top of the line single ended cables to Canare balanced cables from BJC. And that was a definite improvement to me, I didn't do DBT but would easily be able to pick the difference DBT. The difference not being the cables but the fact that for some reason my Krell amp runs better balanced. When switching from the BJC cables to the incredibly expensive Kimber's the music gets so cold and sterile that I just can't listen to it, and this is not subtle !

So now I have these $2000 cables looking for someone stupid enough to buy them, anyone interested :eek::eek:

Nothing really about the cables I guess but a question about single ended or balanced..... going from $2000 cables to $100 ones may be an improvement. This is not a joke. :cool:

And you snake oil cable guys, don't even try to question this. I will fight you to the bitter end. This is a fact !!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis