I love Kurt Denke from Blue Jeans Cable

J

jamie2112

Banned
I just read the whole letter and the interview after and all I can say is "I FREAKIN LOVE THIS GUY" I have never liked monster and always thought they were overpriced, but now I will promote the Blue Jean with a passion. Thanks Kurt for making most people on AH very happy. I so hope they try to pursue this but they would be stupid to do so.......

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I just read the whole letter and the interview after and all I can say is "I FREAKIN LOVE THIS GUY" I have never liked monster and always thought they were overpriced, but now I will promote the Blue Jean with a passion. Thanks Kurt for making most people on AH very happy. I so hope they try to pursue this but they would be stupid to do so.......
I totaly 100% agree, I read the letter yesterday and I found that letter to be absolutely fantastic. The best read for a long long time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially the statements that Monster Cable claims against BJC may essentially end up in antitrust court cases aimed at Monster Cable, I love that. The guys at Monster messed with the wrong guy :D:D:D

Kurt I love you too !!!

Now go on and kill that Monster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Didyou know he used to be a Bose salesman ?

What happens whe everyone:mad: finds out how overpriced BlueJeans cables are?

The chave great marketing; just like Bose!!

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Midcow2 - BJC is overpriced?! I hope that was meant as sarcasm. They're not. Check these out.

-pat

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Midcow2 - BJC is overpriced?! I hope that was meant as sarcasm. They're not. Check these out.

-pat
That's a good one, listen to this:
600 Series:
The 600 Series cables are our value-priced time-accurate cables.

Accurate signal transmission for analog signals means the accuracy in preserving the exact variations in both voltage and current as they are transmitted with respect to time.
For digital signals, accurate signal transmission means the accuracy in preserving the stream of pulses and no‐pulses as they are transmitted, also with respect to time.

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
:confused: So he worked for Bose at one time. So? He also has a law degree & practiced law & now he makes & sells audio cables.

Most people have had different jobs over the life of their work lives.

As for great marketing, I'd like you to point out where. I never heard of BJC until I started browsing the audio webscape. I just knew I couldn't & wouldn't pay Monsters prices for cables. BJC is one of the recommendations that came up time & time again.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Okay Clarity and rebuttal to the person "AV" who called me idiot & other "stupid"

I am not an idiot or stupid by far, but that is not the point.

Cables and wires make the absolute least difference in a system quality or sound. The cheapest 2-wire 14 guage cable will handle any system and no one can tell the diferrence. This is a physical fact, copper wire at a certain gauge has a certain resistance per foot. It is a commodity product. The only differenation is marketing ,just like Bose does with their speakers. marketing,marketing, marketing ! The first statment was satire, but apparently in went over everyone's head even though this is the less than serious steam vent!.

If you want to pay more fro a company that market's cables at a high price, so but it. But for me to point out that certain cables are overpericed does not make me stupid or an idiot. And if you are too cowardly to confront me directly and give me a secret bad rating so be it.

Hey, look at yoursleves. Have you ever seen any tests run or cable comparisons between different cable or wire vendors. Do cable maufacturers provide any measurements or metrics on their cablel products? The answer again is NO. If you buy the cheapest cable at Radio Shack you will have the same sound quality as any expensive cable. If you disagree , show me the proof. You can't because as I said, the only metric on copper wire is resistance based on wire gauge.

Chill Out!! :)

I made a typo "Chave" equal "have"

Last edited by a moderator:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
cables are a commodity

:confused: So he worked for Bose at one time. So? He also has a law degree & practiced law & now he makes & sells audio cables.

Most people have had different jobs over the life of their work lives.

As for great marketing, I'd like you to point out where. I never heard of BJC until I started browsing the audio webscape. I just knew I couldn't & wouldn't pay Monsters prices for cables. BJC is one of the recommendations that came up time & time again.
The statement about Bose was satire on my part and I don't think it is true. I am sorry if that offended anyone.

However, I stick by my statement that all cables are overpriced. They are copper wire and have one metric resistance. There is not differnet between cables, buy the cheapest! The satire was that Bose promotes their speakers as the best thorugh good marketing, BlueJeans cables has very good marketing.

:)

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The difference, metrics aside, is build quality. BJC gives you a solid built cable that will last years of pulling, tugging and bending, whereas a cheaper (but with the same metrics) cable from, say Radio Shack, will not be able to take the punishment, now if you don't suffer from upgradeitis nor ever plan to touch your gear once its in place, then go for the cheapest you can find and hopefully you won't have wear and tear issues later.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
midcow,

i'm not "av" but, the difference between monster/bose and BJC is that BJC does not claim its speaker wires make your speakers sound better.

i have bought spools and spools of generic wire, but why am i considering BJC for my next speaker wire purchase? finish, build quality, termination ... these do not affect SQ (as compared to generic wire) ... but i would purchase these from BJC anyway.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
^

apparently, i have lost all ninja skills when i became a spartan. the ninja caveman was faster

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Show me the proof that 600 series cables are better

That's a good one, listen to this:
600 Series:
The 600 Series cables are our value-priced time-accurate cables.

Accurate signal transmission for analog signals means the accuracy in preserving the exact variations in both voltage and current as they are transmitted with respect to time.
For digital signals, accurate signal transmission means the accuracy in preserving the stream of pulses and no‐pulses as they are transmitted, also with respect to time.
Okay show me some specific measurements and metrics of 600 series cables compared against Radio Shack wire of the same gauge.

Let me see and independent test with the specific measurements.

What are you saying that electrons travel over your copper wire different than cheaper copper wire? I say you have very good marketing!

Copper wires are a commodity product.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Okay show me some specific measurements and metrics of 600 series cables compared against Radio Shack wire of the same gauge.

Let me see and independent test with the specific measurements.

What are you saying that electrons travel over your copper wire different than cheaper copper wire? I say you have very good marketing!

Copper wires are a commodity product.
Shouldn't you be providing the proof of your claim?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
How many guys have built their own speaker wire here? A lot. None would say that their systems sound better with their own brand or whatever they replaced it with, copper is copper, period. Build quality is what your looking for. This can be best seen in the pro music environment, cheap instrument cables can't handle the road, after a couple of gigs, the cheaper stuff literally falls apart, now the good stuff, Canare, Whirlwind, costs a little more but, they're put together like an M-1 Abrams tank.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BJC does have all kinds of measurements regarding the cables they use. Speaker wire aside, the termination of these cables is where the work and money is at. I'm pretty sure they will custom make a length of speaker wire for you with locking banana plugs and they charge for it too. I opted for just the bananas because I have more time than money. These thing are amazing. I would say that their products are fairly priced. Them boys will even give the likes of me an education of sorts. That part is free!

Maintaining a 75 ohm rating has something to do with keeping the center conductor in the center and not fudging it with the RCA jack. I believe they do their best to get it right and the shielding is important too. They go to the trouble of explaining how much you need and advise that you not spend extra for more than you need. Audio and video have different requirements and they lay it all out. Copper is a commodity. A well constructed cable that meets but does not exceed a certain requirement at a fair price is art and a lesson in ethics.

There is a huge difference in outfits that disperse misinformation and lies for profit and the likes of BJC. Check out their site more thoroughly and we'll all make nice after you see the light. Admit you were drinking when you posted that and all is forgiven now. :D

-Alex

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Copper is a commodity in itself, but not the cables, copper prices fluctuate on a daily basis, a cable has more components than just copper and manual labor to assemble it, so don't count on copper being a commodity as your sole arguement for all cabling being over-priced. And Mid, I say this with no malice or any sort of sarcasm.

Here's what some "pro" users have experienced with less expensive cable, in this case XLR terminated microphone cabling:

"These Musician's Gear microphone cables are good while they last; that's about all I can say about them really. I got a couple of them when I ordered my Phonic PA system from here because they were cheap and I figured I could use them. They lasted me about 3 months? If you're just gonna need to use a cable once or twice, go for these, but if you're gonna be using them for an extended period of time, look elsewhere."

"Bought 2 15 ft cables for our Youth Worship Team. These do not get much abuses, as they are used 2x per week and stay plugged in most of the time. Both cords failed within 9 months. Since there seems to be no warranty, we cannot return them. At the same time I bought 3 Horizon cables that were more expensive and used for exactly the same purposes. All 3 Horizon cables are still working."

"I bought (6) of these in June 2006. All (6) cables, within the last year have shorted out or had an internal wire break. Impedance check shows soldered connections are not crossed and are good. The wire break is in the middle. Not happy with product."

I bought 2 12 foot ones for my karaoke set up. They worked great for about 3 weeks, after that, they crap out. However, I did get one of 6 foot cables for my DJ mic and it works great, but that mic doesn't move all night. In end I've having to spend even more money to get good cables."

These were just plain copper cabling as used by musicians anywhere, but where they failed was the the build quality.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Hey Alex actually first post you were right!

BJC does have all kinds of measurements regarding the cables they use. Speaker wire aside, the termination of these cables is where the work and money is at. I'm pretty sure they will custom make a length of speaker wire for you with locking banana plugs and they charge for it too. I opted for just the bananas because I have more time than money. These thing are amazing. I would say that their products are fairly priced. Them boys will even give the likes of me an education of sorts. That part is free!

Maintaining a 75 ohm rating has something to do with keeping the center conductor in the center and not fudging it with the RCA jack. I believe they do their best to get it right and the shielding is important too. They go to the trouble of explaining how much you need and advise that you not spend extra for more than you need. Audio and video have different requirements and they lay it all out. Copper is a commodity. A well constructed cable that meets but does not exceed a certain requirement at a fair price is art and a lesson in ethics.

There is a huge difference in outfits that disperse misinformation and lies for profit and the likes of BJC. Check out their site more thoroughly and we'll all make nice after you see the light. Admit you were drinking when you posted that and all is forgiven. :D

-Alex

Alex , you have made some good sense and points and I agree. I guess I am a little biased and made some assumptions. I have worked with electronic components for a long time and I am very, very good at soldering making connections. I also have a BSEE and MBA but that is beside the point. Actually during the first post I might have had a couple ... LOL

mea culpa :)

PEACE Blue Jeans Cables are very good quality cables!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis