I just ran Audyssey (using the android app) on my 4400h and need help tweaking please

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Hello guys.
I just ran the calibration and was hoping for some assistance with the usual loss of BASS. What should I post here so that you can offer some advice? Like a screenshot? Or upload the calibration file itself?
Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well either screenshots of the resulting settings for everything....or list them....but usually after Audyssey which aims for a flat bass response, many like a bit of boost in the bass, so adjust the eq in the app and apply for more....pre-app I'd just say raise the sub trim a bit but you can do better than that with the app.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello guys.
I just ran the calibration and was hoping for some assistance with the usual loss of BASS. What should I post here so that you can offer some advice? Like a screenshot? Or upload the calibration file itself?
Thanks!
HD is spot on, the reason is audyssey would always aim for "flat" bass and typically could do it very well in the range 20 to 200 Hz. Unfortunately most people seem to prefer bass response to be exaggerated in that range. Also, as most small to medium size rooms tend to have lots of room gain in that same range so people are used to the boost, and would naturally be disappointed by the much flatter bass post Audyssey calibration.

If you always engaged DEQ (you should) then it won't be as bad, but for those who don't, then they will most likely think Audyssey does a really bad job. Other REQ systems such as Dirac Live and Anthem ARC, as far as I know, would put a tilt in the default target curve to please the majority of the users. Personally, I think Audyssey approach is better because it should be up to the users to shape that "tile/slope" to their liking. That is only easy to say now that they offer the Editor App for $20 that allows the users to do all kinds of things. Before that, Audyssey users only option is to do what HD suggested, that is to increase the sub trim level by a few dB and hopefully that may result in satisfactory results.

I found a couple of my old ref vs off curves that should do a better job explaining and those were when I first got the AVR-X4400H and have not used the Editor App yet.

You can see how the bass got "levelled".

1642947699100.jpeg

1642947732108.jpeg

1642947756077.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis