I have a PC-12 Plus and a SB-12NSD What Do I need to get these guys up and going?

H

Haardlyy

Audiophyte
Very new to home audio and subs and all that. Picked these up for an extremely good deal and both work. Only cords I have for either is the power cord and I was wondering what else I needed to buy to get started. A lot of people talking about AVR's and I am not sure which one to buy especially since I am trying to hook up older speakers.
When I say I am new, I mean it, I am still not sure on how to get it to play what I want but I assumed that was the AVR's job.

Attachments

H

Haardlyy

Audiophyte
And do I need tiny speakers as well or is this product an all in one?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
These are both subwoofers. They will only provide bass, so you would need additional speakers to get a complete range of sound.

You would just need a RCA cable to connect each to the AVR, and depending on the AVR you may need a splitter (since not all have two outputs for subs), OR there is an output from each sub that you can chain them from one to the other.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I'd suggest you tell us what you are trying to accomplish, what other equipment you have, what sources you typically play (Music, Concerts, TV, Movies, etc.) and the proposed layout of the room with close dimensions along with your Budget for all of this.

H

Haardlyy

Audiophyte
Budget I was trying to stay as cheap as I can without destroying the sound quality. I can spend more but was hoping not to go over 300ish. My main goal is to just play music. I have a pretty small square office I am using for my computer and planned to put the subs in the corner behind my desk.
Any AVR recommendations and maybe some budget speaker recommendations? I am not an audiophile and this is just a starter setup.
In terms of music I am into EDM and more bass-heavy upbeat music.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
You best bet is to find someone selling a system on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace in your area as nothing really decent can be had new for $300.

H

Haardlyy

Audiophyte
Let me rephrase then, could you recommend me a "Cheaper" set up that I could get new? Just trying to get some ideas more than anything.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

That is probably where you'll want to start then. Probably won't find any other decent speaker at that price point, the B4 or B5, and I'd opt for the B5. Two speakers would already run you $250+tax/shipping, but then you will have music.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General

That is probably where you'll want to start then. Probably won't find any other decent speaker at that price point, the B4 or B5, and I'd opt for the B5. Two speakers would already run you $250+tax/shipping, but then you will have music.
Yes, but he'll still need a receiver or amplifier.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Budget I was trying to stay as cheap as I can without destroying the sound quality. I can spend more but was hoping not to go over 300ish. My main goal is to just play music. I have a pretty small square office I am using for my computer and planned to put the subs in the corner behind my desk.
Any AVR recommendations and maybe some budget speaker recommendations? I am not an audiophile and this is just a starter setup.
In terms of music I am into EDM and more bass-heavy upbeat music.
Since this is for office, most of listening would near the speakers, and you already have great subs with bass management, I suggest this (a bit above your budget):
get a professional audio interface (aka external dac/aka sound blaster (kind of) ). I suggest Motu m2 or Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen, but if the budget is really tight a Behringer, UMC404HD would also work.
For a PC -> USB cable -> audio interface -> 2x balanced cables -> PC12Plus (balanced inputs/outputs)-> 2x balanced cables - > Active Studio monitors (these are usually sold as EACH, you'd need to buy TWO!)

In this setup, you won't need AVR or amp

Edit: also in-stock in black here:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd just look for used avr and speakers with such a low budget. The subs are worth more investment than that if functioning correctly in any case, altho not particularly suited to use together to an extent due different designs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis