I have a mackie swa 1801 driver...

D

ddjr

Audioholic
It's huge. Metal cage. Heavy. Part number 0012184 also says LC18/4003-4. It's 18". The cone and foam are stiff, not rubbery and iable like my dayton sub. I'd love to do something with it, but what? Build a nice baffled cabinet and buy a power source and amp?

T

tripwire

Audioholic Intern
Or, go simple and build a massive oversized sealed cab and power it well.... like well built pro audio gear can deal. Just cap the low end filter to 30hz or so if putting lots of power to it.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You need to get the thiele/small parameters in order to know what size cabinet you need for it.

By power unit do you mean amplifier?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can use the t/s parameters with software like winisd or bass box pro (and some others) to see what kind/size of box you can utilize.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Do you guys see this as something I could use or should I just sell I or trade it here on the forums? I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, a dj. I have put a 9 volt battery to the terminals and it made noise, but I don't if it works 100%.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL just realized you had that model in your title....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The battery moved the cone okay? You could hook some amp terminals to it....

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Works! If I touch my kimbers with banana clips to the main offs on the nad amp it plays music. I plugged them into the offs on the back of the sub and got nothing. I'm sure that has to do with me or my settings on the sub. But it works. Think anyone would be interested?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Touch numbers? Main offs? Offs on the back of the sub? Eh?

Interested in buying it from you? Me, no.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It's huge. Metal cage. Heavy. Part number 0012184 also says LC18/4003-4. It's 18". The cone and foam are stiff, not rubbery and iable like my dayton sub. I'd love to do something with it, but what? Build a nice baffled cabinet and buy a power source and amp?
That is an instrument speaker sub and useless for home audio. Like all these drivers it is designed for power and high output. You will not get it to play below 45 Hz no matter what you do. Its frequency range is from 45 Hz to 120 Hz, those are its 3 db points properly loaded. Spl. is 129 db.

Those drivers are discontinued, but seem to be in demand on eBay. So your best bet is to put it up for sale and purchase a more suitable driver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis