I get to go and listen to Rockport Arrakis sound system... in 3 weeks...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Me and my wife are attending a bridal shower for a friend of ours daughter. It is at the grooms parents home in Manchester, VT. My buddy {father of the bride} just came back from a cookout there yesterday, and he said he had to write down the name of the speakers because he knew I would be interested, "Rockport Tech Arrakis", the FOB told him the complete system cost him $450K!!!!! Anyway, we got our invitation to the bridal shower last week, and there is a picture of the house in the invitation, it looks to be quite the mansion, I just went from dreading the trip up there to not being able to wait....
He said the FOB was playing them nice and loud and they sounded great, now Jeff isn't a huge audiophile but he has some decent stuff {that I helped him pick out}, and he said he could tell it was way better than our stuff... And that is what I want to hear, I have a hard time believing there is stuff out there worth this kind of money, how much better can it be, granted I have listened to some high end stuff that I would NEVER buy, and I can't say I like it better than what I can get for under $10K....

Anyway, now I can't wait, I'm bringing my ipod and testing them babies out....

Oh one more thing, from the pics he sent me it looks like he has $20,000 speaker cables :eek: But thats OK, maybe Ill bring a set of the cables I make and see if there is a sound difference? I wonder how I would work that into the conversation, "hey your system sounds great, but I would like to try a set of cables I made, would you mind" or maybe I can sneak them in in my wife's dress and then mission impossible swap them out and see if HE notices the difference"...

Edit- I just googled the address and there is a house rite down the street for sale if anyone is interested..

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Westfields-Rd_Manchester_VT_05254_M47977-77763?row=3 only a little under 2million, but that's actually not that bad, a friend of mine down the street from me has a house comparable {just a little larger than that one but on less land} and its worth double that... if that house around here it would be 3-4million and sell really fast...

Last edited:
S

SearchofSub

Banned
Just tell him there is a guy that is into audio gear that you know who says AMPS and speaker cables make a difference and you wanted to try that out yourself to see if it really does. (which is me)

Now, I have no idea what amps and pre amp and dacs he has, but just remember the more TRANSPERENT and revealing the speakers are, the more the speaker cables are gonna effect it.

If you have Energy speakers that distort like hell, ofcourse speaker cables wont make a difference. But if you have a "HiFI" rig that is "clear" as a bell and transperent, all the sources involved will be more pronounced always.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Have fun, hope you don't get tooo jealous.

Edit- I just googled the address and there is a house rite down the street for sale if anyone is interested..

Westfields Rd, Manchester, VT 05254 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® only a little under 2million, but that's actually not that bad, a friend of mine down the street from me has a house comparable {just a little larger than that one but on less land} and its worth double that... if that house around here it would be 3-4million and sell really fast...
I live in SoCal, do you know how much money a place like that would cost around me?

S

SearchofSub

Banned
This is a better "HIFI" rig. Its more clear and more musical and neutral and the vocals are a bit more crisp than the above.

[video=youtube;72KktU6HoeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72KktU6HoeI[/video]

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^How much are those? Melody Gardot can make any system sound great.:D Imcloud anxiously waiting for your report.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Grador forget it, I have a cousin in law in Pasadena his house is 3000 sq feeti'sh and it cost him 3 million, lol!!! and as far as getting tooo jealous, its too late, lol... no sa I can't be jealous, Im sure my wife is way hotter than his...

Afterlife, I will of course give my thoughts when I get back, I can't wait to sit in this guys chair and tell him my evo2's sound better, lol no sa, I'm just kidding, but I am getting this guy to make an account on AH for sure...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis