I don't understand all the love for the Hans Zimmer Live at Prague

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I bought the Blu-ray disc of the Live in Prague performance. No, the sound is not treble heavy but really bass heavy, with track No. 32 as the heaviest.
Streaming will never come close to the real disc. Very well organized performance with excellent musicians, singers and choir.

I don't have Atmos speakers in my system. The disc plays as a 5 channel recording with a lot of signal coming out of the left and right surround speakers as well. If you want to play loud, you need to have good subs that can take the power, very possibly some at infrasonic frequencies. It's a damn good disc if you want to annoy neighbors.

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Would you do me a favor and Compare it to something like the dark knight and tell me if it has the same bass? Just curious. I have the lowest octaves handled just fine with two 18” ultimax subs in 2cuft sealed boxes that reach into the teens at up to 110db.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Would you do me a favor and Compare it to something like the dark knight and tell me if it has the same bass? Just curious. I have the lowest octaves handled just fine with two 18” ultimax subs in 2cuft sealed boxes that reach into the teens at up to 110db.
Track 32 is the heaviest on my system which can output teen frequencies with my three front 15" Dayton subs each in 8 cf ported cabinet.

Last edited:
G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Am I missing something. I understand it would be AMAZING to be there and I absolutely LOVE Hans Zimmer. It wasn't until about a year ago that I think he might single handedly be responsible for the love I have for so many movies and the drive to upgrade my stereo.

AND... the recording feels so treble heavy and without that guttural feeling I get from the actual movie soundtracks. There's little low end bass and even less 60-120 range to give the music real body. Am I missing something?
I have listened to it on roon and it is just ok. But oh my gosh, off the kaleidescape “4K HDR Atmos” concert it is amazing. It truly makes my system shine and is my new go to way to demo my system to those who care. The custom onsite atmos recording places you in the center of the evening’s performance. I suspect the Blu-ray Atmos disc is similar.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have listened to it on roon and it is just ok. But oh my gosh, off the kaleidescape “4K HDR Atmos” concert it is amazing. It truly makes my system shine and is my new go to way to demo my system to those who care. The custom onsite atmos recording places you in the center of the evening’s performance. I suspect the 4K Blu-ready disc is similar.
That concert is not available in 4K Blu-ray disc format.

A

AudioSidds

Enthusiast
If you like Hans Zimmer you will love the Blu-ray...the atmos mix is fantastic. Definitely a fan.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis