I am using a Yamaha Cinema DPS digital system and surround left and right speakers come through front speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That sounds like how surround generally works. Or are you saying the test in the link when playing specifically surround channel information that comes both faintly from the surrounds as well as the front L/R speakers?

P

Peculiar Pete

Audiophyte
That sounds like how surround generally works. Or are you saying the test in the link when playing specifically surround channel information that comes both faintly from the surrounds as well as the front L/R speakers?
If that test 'right surround' comes faintly out the rear right speaker but is much louder through the front right speaker.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I would use a sound meter and check the speakers output at each station. If they are accurate, or more importantly, to your taste, then play the file. Sounds like working as designed.

P

Peculiar Pete

Audiophyte
I would use a sound meter and check the speakers output at each station. If they are accurate, or more importantly, to your taste, then play the file. Sounds like working as designed.
So it turns out I'm an idiot and didn't have my PC set to 5.1. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis