I am loosing sleep over this

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
WADDISME said:
Vancouver -

Where are you now with your tv? Did Panasonic do anything? I have added them to my list of co's to avoid (along with Onkyo or anything Sony except tv's). When co's make a mistake and do their best to fix it, or try to deny or cover them up, either way says alot about the company!!! Thank you for informing us.
Funn you asked about this. They said that there is a disclaimer on thier site which says that any of the information may or may not be up to date or correct. Unfortunately for them that doesn't protect them if things elevated. They have said they are going to send me a check for 10% of the value of the Plasma $750.00.

Its good that they did something, but bad that they still to the bitter end did not admit their misleading information about the Plasma. They said if I wanted to get a 720p or native signal I can always use PC input on the front. It was very funny actually. I asked the guy if he would agree that people exepcially for residential use buy plasma's for the look of them...he agreed...I then asked if he thinks that it would take away from the look if a big cable was plugged right into the fron of the plasma at all times....silence...couldnt answer.

My advice is stay away from Panasonic plasmas if you are looking to send a native signal, 720p or any other signal besides 480i/480p or 1080i.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Vancouver said:
Until then they recomend I use a RGB to PC Input cable in order to get 720p.

IF that happens I will need to get a RGB to PC input cable and plug it into the front of my tv any time I want to watch a 720p signal. Can someone tell me what RGB is? Is it the component cables that I use for my xbox or DVD player? I am buying a DVDO friday does anyone know if the DVDO will convert a 720p input via component and output it to a PC output?

Thanks
I read the brochure and I think you are referring about a VGA cable? right?

RGB signal is what comes out of the D-sub 15 pin connector of the video card from your PC (unless you have DVI), the connector on the PC video graphics card is always is female so depending on the input on your TV you might just need a cable/gender changer.

Depending on what you want to watch on your TV, you could get a very good PC video card like a NVidia or an ATI (I prefer ATI - you might want to consider an ATI ALL Wonder - Builtin TV Tuner) to get the best possible image.

Also the shortest cable possible since the cables are prone to pickup RF interference and signal quality degradation. I think something like 75ft.-100ft. (with a very, very good cable) is about the Max. you want to do.

As far as component to VGA, i am not sure but I think we are talking more than a connector/gender changer

I found this on the net: http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/kd-ctca2.htm

I am taking a stab at it but i think you could put this unit (or similar) through a monitor/output port (component) of your receiver and do 720p output for all your other video sources, like a DIY video upscaler.... :)

Good Luck,

P.S. none of the info I have submitted has been tested and/or verified for accuracy :) (doing the legal disclaimer stupid thing like Panasonic)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis