I am hooking up a external amp for the first time, need some help

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Once i upgrade reciever I'm noticing most avrs in my range are only 105 watts pc
The difference between 135W and 105W is small. You won't notice any difference with the surrounds and height speakers. AND you will be using the Parasound 140W per channel for fronts and center. The Parasound amp will keep the volume the same.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Certainly more worthwhile pursuing speakers than going sideways on amps....

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
Was the amp something you already had then?
No , someone i know owns it. Im just seeing if it has any benefits. Gonna watch a few movies. And see if it sounds better. Even if not any more output. Because I do like clean sound

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No , someone i know owns it. Im just seeing if it has any benefits. Gonna watch a few movies. And see if it sounds better. Even if not any more output. Because I do like clean sound
Then again it's hard to do a proper comparison that way, too....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Then I saw the Amp, now I'm a believer
Not a trace, of doubt in my mind

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
What I'm saying is that amp is not going to benefit your system with those speakers at 8 ohms and 98 sensitivity that amp is not going to benefit. If you had speakers that were 4 ohm and 85 sensitivity then it might matter not that you would hear a difference but it would drive them easier

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
What I'm saying is that amp is not going to benefit your system with those speakers at 8 ohms and 98 sensitivity that amp is not going to benefit. If you had speakers that were 4 ohm and 85 sensitivity then it might matter not that you would hear a difference but it would drive them easier
Okay, I will just give it back.

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for all your help mazersteven

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis