I’d like to get everyone’s opinion on the n Dayton MX15-22 subwoofer

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
It is advertised as being optimize for small ported or sealed box use. If any one can model a ported box tuned around 16-18 hz I would appreciate it. I want to port my 15 Ultimax but the box is way to big… I have a 7 cubic feet ported box w a 6”port that’s 23” long.i’m wond how this new driver would work in this box . I can modify box size and port if I need .

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It is advertised as being optimize for small ported or sealed box use. If any one can model a ported box tuned around 16-18 hz I would appreciate it. I want to port my 15 Ultimax but the box is way to big… I have a 7 cubic feet ported box w a 6”port that’s 23” long.i’m wond how this new driver would work in this box . I can modify box size and port if I need .
For the MX15-22, the optimum net vented box volume is 3 cubic feet, but with that volume you will only get an F3 at 25 Hz. There's no way of getting an almost flat response down to 16 Hz. According to Dayton, it's efficient response is limited to 18 Hz but, in my opinion, with a dip in the response of at least 6 dB.
You can get the pipe volume info from the Parts-Express website for the aforementioned optimum size box. Please note that Dayton and Parts-Express are owned by the same people.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis