Hurry before it's gone

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
RLA said:
You really are a deal Hound :D
(Please note Avatar)
He is. He should open up a local shop. That St. Bernard went for $626. Hope someone here picked it up. That's almost better than the Marantz SR8400 "deal of a lifetime." :rolleyes:

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I like the pun RLA. I kind of feel the same way as Buckeye. If it's a good deal pass it on and hopefully someone will get something they otherwise didn't think they could afford. Buckeye was the one who pointed me towards my Marantz. God I love that thing more and more every day.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
I saw your post and tried to get it. I put a bid on it up to 600 with 5 min to go...as you see i just missed it :mad:

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Those 7200 are going from anywhere between $560 and $700 US. If you can live with a year old refurb then this seems like probably one of the best deals going. The refurb is right from Harman to you and I think that that would make the product at least as good as new! Sorry to hear about it coops, but they've got more up to bid. Here's a link to the Haman Ebay store . Also look at the price those 635s are going for. A real steal as well. I always wondered about one of those 2005 digital receivers, and the price seems great. Buckeye had some comments that made me a bit leary though.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Ive been watching Harmanadio for about a month now and missed out on a number of the 7200's. hope to get lucky soon! I may just wait and save for the 7300 which is going for 850 and up. Thanks for the reply

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Any thoughts on the HK 2005? shows more wattage but much less build weight. can get for a little less but is it worth it?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
It's got a digital amp (class D) compared to the traditional A or A/B amps in most receivers. The only negative thing I've ever heard about this unit is that the distortion level is high. I'm providing second hand info though, I've never heard the receiver for myself. I am biased (positively) with regards to Harman and I think they put out some really nice equipment, it's just totally overpriced here in Canada. The figures for that receiver (2005) are great if they are accurate. PM Buckeye or look for a post he did regarding this receiver. This receiver is also smaller stature wise and will put out much less heat than the AVR series.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Ive checked othe threads on the 2005 and it seems to still be questionable. Think Ill wait for something else to come along. thanks for your help

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
something came along

Check out the amp receiver page. I started a thread there "hey Takeereasy..."

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
coops said:
Ive checked othe threads on the 2005 and it seems to still be questionable. Think Ill wait for something else to come along. thanks for your help
I actually talked to the techs at HK about the DPR2005 versus the AVR7300. The techs told me there is no comparison. The sound coming from the DPR2005 is very dry, almost dead, while the AVR7300 is very warm and has much more depth. Analog, to them, is still they way to go with audio and pure sound. Whenever I call a mfg with questions, I always ask for a tech as opposed to customer service or sales. Customer service tells you what they think you want to hear, while techs give it to you straight up. No BS. BTW, awesome buy on the AVR7200. I think I like the retro black look over the Silver Streak. Hope you have enough room on your audio rack, or at least be able to support it. Give it lots of room to vent. The heat sinks are huge. They tell me they operate warm (like my Denon).

nav

nav

Audioholic
Another, similar, deal: a refurbished AVR-7300 on Ebay apparently being auctioned by Harman Kardon (link ). As of now, it's at $740 ($38 flat rate shipping to US).

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
nav-I was watching the 7300 also. now its up to $811 with eleven hours to go. Harmanaudio on ebay does one 7200 and one 7300 at a time. the last five minutes the price usually jumps a lot. Check out their ebay store. Ive been bidding on both of them for about a month. if your looking, keep watching, they turnover products constantly.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I saw a crown amp go for about $11 US on their site once. No one bid on it and it was like a 1200w capable amp when bridged! Wasn't very HT friendly though, limited connectibility, but still, it would have powered any sub on the market incredibly well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis