everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Just spent over an hour checking out today. No clue where Irma is going but the frenzy is out of control. The media coverage of Harvey has made everyone nuts, including buying more water than one could use in 4 weeks. I have every preparation possible, but can't pick up dinner lol. Sorry for the rant

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just spent over an hour checking out today. No clue where Irma is going but the frenzy is out of control. The media coverage of Harvey has made everyone nuts, including buying more water than one could use in 4 weeks. I have every preparation possible, but can't pick up dinner lol. Sorry for the rant
I can understand why. This is just getting ridiculous. Two hurricanes that close together hitting similar areas? Geez.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Yeah, I spent the morning telling my cousin in Orlando that we'll make room for their cats and dog. Just get the hell out of there. With the winds Irma is packing, even buildings in central Florida will take a lot of damage.

I suppose people are going crazy after seeing Houston. But considering what Andrew, Katrina, and Harvey did, I can understand. Instead of buying water, I'd probably buy a trailer and load up the most important things and just get out.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
An unusually severe hurricane season was predicted in May of this year.

Certainly global warming and sea warming may be having an impact this year. The ENSO oscillation has become severely deranged of late. Last year saw the most extreme El Ninio event to date. Pacific water temperatures in some areas past records. There was the extraordinary warm blob off Alaska for instance.

However the most extraordinary feature was its length. It lasted and lasted beyond all expectations. La Nina was expected early to late Spring. It is not yet happened. Instead we have entered a prolonged ENSO neutral period. A very weak La Nina is predicted for late winter. I would not bet the rent on it. These neutral periods are associated with turbulent weather in North America which we have seen this year.

Worse these periods of ENSO neutrality cause lack of wind shear in the Atlantic, especially off the African coast where hurricanes form. Wind shear has a strong suppressive influence on the formation of hurricanes as they suppress the atmospheric waves that arise off the coast of Africa, which spawn hurricanes. These waves arise at intervals of about one every three days. With lack of wind shear more will develop into hurricanes.

The whole Carribbean and Atlantic seaboard need to keep a very careful "weather" eye on the Atlantic seaboard this year. More disaster very likely does lie ahead.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Very scary indeed. Praying my heart out for anyone in Irma's path. The same for the people of Houston affected by Harvey! :(:(:( Scary times!

Phil
I've got a buddy who is a Prof at University of Charleston, he and his wife (and cat, Dr. Burt Reynolds) came during Matthew. Told him that for this one he can bring as many as will fit in his car. Or with a caravan.

Or we may all have to evacuate if the winds are high enough, inland!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've got a buddy who is a Prof at University of Charleston, he and his wife (and cat, Dr. Burt Reynolds) came during Matthew. Told him that for this one he can bring as many as will fit in his car. Or with a caravan.

Or we may all have to evacuate if the winds are high enough, inland!
Yes, this is a very serious and scary situation. Honestly, I have been going through a tough time myself. But when I look around at what the good people of Houston is going through, I realize my problems are merely minuscule in comparison. Now the good people of Florida have to deal with it as well. It sure puts things into perspective for me. I have been, and will continue to, pray for the scary times we live in.

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
An unusually severe hurricane season was predicted in May of this year.

Certainly global warming and sea warming may be having an impact this year. The ENSO oscillation has become severely deranged of late. Last year saw the most extreme El Ninio event to date. Pacific water temperatures in some areas past records. There was the extraordinary warm blob off Alaska for instance.

However the most extraordinary feature was its length. It lasted and lasted beyond all expectations. La Nina was expected early to late Spring. It is not yet happened. Instead we have entered a prolonged ENSO neutral period. A very weak La Nina is predicted for late winter. I would not bet the rent on it. These neutral periods are associated with turbulent weather in North America which we have seen this year.

Worse these periods of ENSO neutrality cause lack of wind shear in the Atlantic, especially off the African coast where hurricanes form. Wind shear has a strong suppressive influence on the formation of hurricanes as they suppress the atmospheric waves that arise off the coast of Africa, which spawn hurricanes. These waves arise at intervals of about one every three days. With lack of wind shear more will develop into hurricanes.

The whole Carribbean and Atlantic seaboard need to keep a very careful "weather" eye on the Atlantic seaboard this year. More disaster very likely does lie ahead.
Yeah, I've been watching the long range forecasts including these major influencing events. As a business owner, a bad winter can really impact my cash flow so I've started paying attention.

There are two hurricanes in the Atlantic as of now and another forming in the Gulf of Mexico. Looks to be a really rough hurricane season this year. It's to live in the upper midwest. We get snow and an occasional tornado. But not the whole-sale disasters like hurricanes. All I can do is offer shelter to the friends and families in it's path.

We are also forgetting the fires out west. I get a lot of my particle board from mills in the northwest. I also have friends out there and it's bad. Global warming isn't just about warm. It has impacts all over including massive droughts that manifest in forest fires.

Stay safe my friends.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I'm in Tampa and I have my truck pointed north just in case. So far, the only place I can really go is N. GA. up around Blairsville. But if the storm goes up the east coast of FL and comes ashore north into Georgia, I could very well get nearly the same weather as if it came up the center of the state here if it stays a cat 5 up the coast. I reckon there, I could at least outrun it around and head back down into FL., depending on what Jose has to say about it after.

If it runs up the East coast I will stay. Starts up the center of the state or up the west coast I will bolt.

Since the RS28A-4 tweeter of my now beloved Continuum speakers has been discontinued, I will be bringing those with me. :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The storm was twice as wide a Florida yesterday...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So uh Trump, think we're having no affect on the climate still?
And you think anyone could have stopped this? Right. Name a single factor that would have influenced current weather.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
The storm was twice as wide a Florida yesterday...
Yeah, but if the eye runs the east coast, then guys on the west coast like MrBoat will most likely only face conditions like what we in the Midwest would call a severe thunderstorm. Some minor damage, some flooding, maybe a few tornadoes, but manageable.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, but if the eye runs the east coast, then guys on the west coast like MrBoat will most likely only face conditions like what we in the Midwest would call a severe thunderstorm. Some minor damage, some flooding, maybe a few tornadoes, but manageable.
I think the eye is almost half as wide as Florida. If it's still a Cat 3-4 when it hits, everyone including Gene needs GTFO!!!!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I think the eye is almost half as wide as Florida. If it's still a Cat 3-4 when it hits, everyone including Gene needs GTFO!!!!
Yeah, been trying to tell my cousin to GTFO. They are not listening but joking about getting a new roof out of the storm. Unfortunately, with the run on gasoline, there may not be enough gas for them to get out if they wanted to.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, been trying to tell my cousin to GTFO. They are not listening but joking about getting a new roof out of the storm. Unfortunately, with the run on gasoline, there may not be enough gas for them to get out if they wanted to.
Well, join in and make jokes about adding you to his will.....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't think people in Houston or Corpus thought Harvey was going to be as bad as it was. I don't see why they'd take the chance. Get out and hope your stuff is still there when you get back.

Crazy weather.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis