Hulu Plus Comes to Roku Will GoogleTV Be Next?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This isn't a huge news update, but this fall, the Roku streaming media server will be bringing Hulu Plus to the biggest screen in the house. You will be able to watch full current seasons of Hawaii Five-O, Modern Family, House, and other popular TV shows whenever you want. It's only a little ways off (we're betting on November) but this marks a huge uptake for the popular set top media streaming box.

Discuss "Hulu Plus Comes to Roku Will GoogleTV Be Next?" here. Read the article.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
This will be a nice addition. I have been streaming Hulu for some time to my TV but having to use my computer is a little bit of a pain, to have it with my Roku box will be nice.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I have been cutting back on expenses with the current economy status and the Roku box along with a NetFlix account has really been a pleasant surprise.

Starting at US$10/month, it is a no brainer.

I do have some questions. Does anyone know if it will provide Dolby Digital audio?

Is Hulu Plus going to provide widescreen viewing, when available?

Both of these issues make NetFlix look long in the tooth compared to Amazon on Demand. I hope Hulu does not make the same mistakes.

Thanks for the update.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Regular Hulu does provide wide screen stuff...I know my anime is.

You can get amazon on demand through the Roku box.

I'm not 100% sure about the Dolby Digital.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I signed up for Hulu Plus the other day on an invite from Hulu. They took my credit card info and I proceeded to go to my TV to set up my Roku box.

Guess what? Although the service is now available, they fail to tell you that it is not yet supported by Roku, or the other way around, depending on who you are talking to.

Needless to say, I was NOT pleased.

It is not the money, it is the principle. They could have easily spelled this out in the invite but failed (or did not want to) to do so.

Thought I would pass this along before anyone else makes the same mistake.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis