N

nitnoy

Audiophyte
I have started building my HTPC, and I have run into some beginners problems regarding connecting up my front panel functions to my motherboard, the first is that the IEEE 1394 cable is to short, the second is that there is two cables comming out from the Audio connection, the first one is marked: Next-L, Next-R, Mic-in, Mic-vcc, L-out. R-out and Ground,

and the second one is marked: L-out,
R-out, Next-R, Next-L and GND.

On the motherboard there is a: Front panel Audio connector (10-1 pin FP audio) that have the followin marking: Bline out L, Line ou L, NC, Bline out R, Line out R, +5VA, Micpwr, AGND,Mic2.

Does anybody know where I can find some information to help me with those connections? The Motherboard is Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, the case is an X15e.
Thank`s in advance!

Attachments

siddy

Audiophyte
x15e problems

did you sort out your problem with leads? i`ve got an x15e and probably know even less about building a htpc than brain surgery so i too need help. i thought the case would come with a remote receiver module,it comes with a remote control so now i need to source a receiver module, i can see where it goes ok but have no idea where to look for one, secondly has anyone sorted the problem of extended/clone display set up, i`ve read on variouse sites that there are problems getting the ratio and resolutions sorted, i have a beautiful 42" plasma and intend to run it from my htpc as well as view j-pegs, listen to mp3s, watch and record tv and dvds. does anyone know of a sutible graphics card to use ?by the way i`ve emailed uneed over two weeks ago about these issues and they didnt even reply let alone help. i would really appreciate any suggestions.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
nitnoy said:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, the case is an X15e.
Thank`s in advance!
I'm downloading the user manual now, and will get back with you.

Siddy, depending on your board, is your PCI-e or is it AGP?

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Well as of now, I have only gotten up to the 1394 question. And will answer that one now and get back to you in about 10 minutes on the other.

You are correct, the line from the case is to short. Being the 1394 connector is at the bottom left corner and farthest away from case connector.

Are you good at soldering, and heatshrink tubing?
Because unless the Case manufacture will be able to send you an extension cable, or swap out the full front panel connectors for a longer version. Then you will need to buy a cheap 1394 cable and cut it up and add it into your existing cable by soldering and heatshrinking.

Second option, write (email) Asus, and ask if they have or can sell you a jumper for their pin connection of the 1394. One side male other side female.

I have done a quick search on Google, and have not yet found this jumper cable that you would need. I'll keep searching after I finish with the second answer.

Sorry, about the PITA solution, but it is all I can come up with now. And by chance I build computers. (No HTPC's as of yet, just business and personal)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Also forgot to ask, do you have this cable that should have come with mobo?

You could use it, and get the female connector for the opposite side. There are connectors you can buy. All you would have to do is solder the pins that will come with the female connector and push them into the connector.

Attachments

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Also, sorry to say. I'm in the middle of tropical storm weather here in Florida.
And power keeps going out. My UPS back up is good for a 45-50 minutes, but power may be out longer than that. So I will have to answer second question tomorrow.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
The cost of that cable is $9.10

Its a little hard to get to the area for buying, but go to the homepage and there is a link at bottom to go to enter webstore..

Oops forgot that I can add links here is the link for the store. Make sure you get the male to female.....
IEEE 1394 CABLE 2' - 2x5 F to 2x5 M

http://www.frontx.com/order_a.html

Last edited:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I can not find a manual for the case (Nice case)
But this is the best that I can come up with, I'm about 95% sure it is correct.
Click on picture below.....
Sorry I could not be of further and better assistance.......
Hoped this has helped a little......

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis