HTPC needs equalization!

L

lane1986

Audiophyte
Hi, im new here and this may have already been answered a while ago but i must have missed it. Anyway i have a home theater pc which i use for watching iptv dvds and hdtv with my tuner but not all the programs I use have the options to use an equalizer in their audio options. Does anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to equalize audio for all sound on my pc?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Are you running the audio from the computer directly to computer speakers or are you sending the signal to a receiver?

If you are running directly to computer speakers, your sound card should come with sound processing software. For example, all the popular audio players I know of, iTunes, WinAmp, WMP, etc. come with an Equalizer.

If you are running speakers via a receiver, the equalization should be done in the receiver.

L

lane1986

Audiophyte
Yes, I am running audio to multiple sources at the same time, a stereo boom box via headphone jack, and a 5.1 receiver by toslink. I watch TVU and IPTV player often and use media center built into vista ultimate 64-bit. Most audio drivers install with the option to equalize audio via the driver however my dynex audio card did not. I figure there must be a simple program which adds an equalizer to your system tray but i can not seem to find any.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis