M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
What do you guys think about the HSU VTF-3 MK3. My old polk sub finally bit the big one so it's time for a new sub.Wife says only $800 tops.Hsu says that speaker will go on sale this week and I can probably get $730 including shipping.Any other ideas??

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
The VTF3 is a fine sub and a darn nice upgrade from the Polk. That's a heck of a deal on it.

I suppose that's a good deal that GlockR referenced if you like big tall B-stock cylinders. ;)

For a 10" sub that's pretty potent, here's a nice ACI. They have a B-stock there for $599. Also a very nice sub. http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/forcexl/forcexl.htm

What is your room size?

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I have a new VTF3 MK3 and I will say that it is very good for the price. It is well made and sounds very good. It does very well with the latest codecs and I have pushed it hard. It has performed flawlessly so far. I run mine in max output and I get strong response in my room to 18hz.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
It's a great sub capable of much output with good SQ (based on what I've read online). Highly recommended.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I like mine. It has great sound quality for music and kicks butt for home theater. I run mine on max extension and only use a fraction of its power for my 12x16x8 room. As was said previously, it will be a great upgrade from your Polk.

Jim

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
Ok now its down to the hsu vtf3 mk3,svs sb12 plus or the pc12 nsd. I really want the best for what I can spend.please help By the way my room is 14 x 15 (with kitchen 30 )x 8 foot ceilings

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. The SVS subs have a great reputation. I can only say that the Hsu will be more power than you'll need for your room and will sound great for both music and HT.

Jim

When I want to impress people, I put on the first scene in Serenity where they fire the rocket engines. When I have the volume up high enough, you can totally feel it.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Hsu choice is good, also look at SVS

What do you guys think about the HSU VTF-3 MK3. My old polk sub finally bit the big one so it's time for a new sub.Wife says only $800 tops.Hsu says that speaker will go on sale this week and I can probably get $730 including shipping.Any other ideas??
Hsu very good sub choice. I would also look at SVS, especially their B-stock

SB12-Plus sells for $699
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12plus.cfm

Also check thier B-stock

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I always felt SVS was a little better down low and HSU a little better for music. Can't go wrong with either really.

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
I called svs today and they recomended PB12-NSD instead of the sb12 plus.The pb12 is 599 plus shipping($60).they just dropped the hsu vtf3 mk3 to 629 pluss $100 shipping

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I always felt SVS was a little better down low and HSU a little better for music. Can't go wrong with either really.
Based upon my own personal experience with BOTH subs, I could NOT agree with this post more. Anyone would be hard pressed to go wrong with either of them imho.

Cheers,

Phil

A

audion3wb

Junior Audioholic
Sorry if it makes your decision harder but.....

You might want to consider the AV123 MFW-15. Everything I have heard about the MFW-15 says it is head and shoulders a better sub than either the 3.3 or the PB-12 NSD. Its 699+shipping. You might go over budget by 50 bucks but you would get a lot more sub for the moeny. You can look up the craigsub rankings also and see the impressions of all three subs. The MFW-15 did exceptionally well.

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
Thanks to all that helped.I ordered the SVS PB12-NSD today.I saved a little money over the HSU and that makes the wife happy.We all like happy wives!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis