sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
I got my STF-2 B-Stock last week and I finally got my receiver back from service today. The sub is excellent. No blemishes or anything else on it. It looks new. It sounds great with movies, music. One problem I'm having is that it doesn't seem to be working much with TV. I'm watching Lost and it seems like the sub just isn't there. My cable box is set with Dolby D EX, as is my Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR502). Maybe there just wasn't much bass in the show, I don't know. I haven't properly calibrated the sub yet (don't have the SPL Meter yet), should be done on Friday. Any ideas?

By the way, B-Stock Subs at HSU are 20% off of original price but you don't get the 30 day money back guarantee. The warantee is still 7 years.

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
I'm considering this same sub from their B stock....what size room do you have it in....I believe my room is 12' X 18' with 7 1/2' high ceilings and want to be sure this size sub is adequate and also not overkill? How long did it take to arrive from the date you ordered it?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Lost is not very bass heavy. It is not a sub showcase. :) This is especially true for me where my local ABC station broadcasts only in mono sound over the air and basic cable. I can't wait to upgrade to HD. In fact, I might upgrade before I have an HDTV just for the sound advantage.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
muncybob said:
I'm considering this same sub from their B stock....what size room do you have it in....I believe my room is 12' X 18' with 7 1/2' high ceilings and want to be sure this size sub is adequate and also not overkill? How long did it take to arrive from the date you ordered it?
I think my room is about the same size, I'm not at home but will definitely measure for you. I don't think it's overkill, considering the STF-1 is only $50 less. You can always turn down the sub.

Hi Ho said:
Lost is not very bass heavy. It is not a sub showcase. :) This is especially true for me where my local ABC station broadcasts only in mono sound over the air and basic cable. I can't wait to upgrade to HD. In fact, I might upgrade before I have an HDTV just for the sound advantage.
I figured that was the case with Lost. Also, I tried it out with Lord of the Rings III. The scene where they're using that battering ram dragon thing. I can't even describe how it sounded when it hit the gate. My room was shaking.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
sbader2 said:
I figured that was the case with Lost. Also, I tried it out with Lord of the Rings III. The scene where they're using that battering ram dragon thing. I can't even describe how it sounded when it hit the gate. My room was shaking.
Lost will have it's moments, but the best bass in TV content are the CSIs, NCIS and would you believe it, Numbers has a very hot mix.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Where is HSU B-stock

Where did you guys see the B-stock on the HSU site? Is it something they just update periodically on each product page?
20% off would bring the VTF-2 down to $400 making it very appealing.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Lost will have it's moments, but the best bass in TV content are the CSIs, NCIS and would you believe it, Numbers has a very hot mix.
I wish that was true here. The local CBS affilliate has a very weak mix with no bass at all. I have to set the sub to max just to make it do anything.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ron Temple said:
And southpark. Lots of bass in that show.

SheepStar

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Please post a link where you bought the b-stock. Thanks!

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
You have to call up HSU for the B-Stock. I was lucky to find that out when I was calling to see when the STF-1 would be back in stock. # is 1-800-554-0150 9-5 Pacific. By the way they said that the STF-1 would not be in stock until the end of February. It must have been very popular for the holidays.

Also, after testing out my sub some more, I am absolutely in love with it.:)

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
Here is the email response I received when asking about the B stock STF-1 and -2.

Bob,
We do have available b stock STF-2. B stock items are
returns
from customers within the 30 day money back guarantee.
They might have some slight blemishes or scratches but
they have been tested for full performance and still
carry the warranty. Our b stock is 20% off our factory
price. So for the STF-2,your b stock price will be
$319.20 plus S&H of $27.

Call us at 714 666-9260 to order b stock.

Regards,
HSU Research Order Dept.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
muncybob said:
Here is the email response I received when asking about the B stock STF-1 and -2.

Bob,
We do have available b stock STF-2. B stock items are
returns
from customers within the 30 day money back guarantee.
They might have some slight blemishes or scratches but
they have been tested for full performance and still
carry the warranty. Our b stock is 20% off our factory
price. So for the STF-2,your b stock price will be
$319.20 plus S&H of $27.

call us at 714 666-9260 to order b stock.

Regards,
HSU Research Order Dept.
Wow, an STF-2 for the price of an STF-1. Jump on that.

SheepStar

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
As I said before, mine came with absolutely no blemishes and works perfect. I can't tell that its B-Stock.

S

steve6

Enthusiast
review sample

I just picked one up to review, and (if I don't buy it, which I likely will) it would presumably be B stock when it goes back, and it would not be blemished or marred in any way. Parenthetically, it was very cool visiting the factory (I live nearby), and I am looking forward to interviewing Dr. Hsu or one of his staff to go along with my story/review. ;)

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
I have had good luck purchasing B stock items...Pc speaker system from Klipsch and Axiom speaker stands were both B stock and I can't see any blemishes at all...both cam with the same warranty as "new"..just had to wait awhile for delivery. I hope HSU keeps getting these suppied in B stock until Uncel Sam pays me back my tax return $$$!

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
Hmmm.....B-Stock for $317 (no shipping, they are the same area code, I'll just drive over :cool: ). How long until the tax return arrives?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis