HSU STF-1 - Out of Stock / Any Comparable Substitute?

J

JEidt

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,

Here's my dilema.

I have decided to purchase the HSU SFT-1 after reviewing the many positive reviews. Unfortunately, this item is out of stock & HSU expects to have this sub in stock at the earliest by early March. I checked Ebay & everyone is bidding on the few subs that are for sale. I do not want to get in a bidding war.

Next week - I'm receiving my Polk speakers & Pioneer 1015 TX receiver. I do not want to wait a month until I set this system up. I am a beginner & I feel more comfortable setting everything up together.

Is there a comparable sub based on price & performance that anyone could recommend that would work well with my system?

$ 300 to 400 range w/ shipping included

My system:

2 - Polk RTi8's - Front
1- CSi5 - Center
2 - Polk Rti4's - Surround
Pioneer 1015TX

Thanks in advance,

John

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
John;

If you can spring a bit more, try the Rocket ULW-10 with SOS bass correction. Its a great sub for the money.

Rocket ULW-10 Review

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't see what you're going to add with an 8" sub, when your mains already go to 30Hz and the STF-1 is -3dB at 32Hz. You'll need to step up to a more significant sub, if you ask me. Note also that the RTi8s are likely closer to 4 Ohm nominal with the jumper in place, not the 8 Ohms listed, and that may put a little strain on the receiver, so be aware of that.

Last edited:
J

JEidt

Audioholic Intern
Ok- Now that's great feedback.
Can you recommend something in the $400 to 500 range!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I agree, you should get a more substantial sub (even though I love my STF-1). If the Hsu is out of stock at the Hsu website, you can also check over at Ascend.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
I got an STF-2 a couple weeks ago b-stock for around $350 shipped. They might still have some left.

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
yes look at the b stock on hsu site. most are on sale the new models the turbo is due

out in two to three weeks. so they have them discounted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis