How vested are you in TV?

So as much as I cheer on internet streaming of content, Blu-ray is definitely saving us in terms of delivering the movies I want to watch in full quality surround sound and high-quality video... that enables me to feel good about watching compressed video and listening to stereo audio tracks (Netflix). Now, since Netflix announced it's bringing on 5.1, that may not be nearly as bad. More content will help me feel even better.

When Hulu (should it remain free/commercial-based) goes 5.1 I think the game is over. Cooking shows excepted :)

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
You would seriously need to pay me a decent ammount of money to have any interest in TV lol

basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
We don't have cable, nor an OTA antenna setup. My reaction to TV, when I see it at a friend's house, is like Crocodile Dundee's reaction, when he flipped on a TV in New York, "same thing was on last time I watched one of these". Really, there is NOTHING on TV. Cable's too expensive, and subscription services eat up $$. My wife has Netflix, and we rent most of our movies there. I can't see eating up $52/month for cable. No way.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
i mostly watch stuff on history, discovery, etc. stuff like that. i really dont watch much tv at all, or movies. i listen to alot of music though

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I only keep cable cause my girlfriend watches a lot of crap on cable, but I'm just fine with OTA tv and dvd/blu rays and video games. Plus with the internet I can watch pretty much any show I want to see anyway.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I only keep cable cause my girlfriend watches a lot of crap on cable, but I'm just fine with OTA tv and dvd/blu rays and video games. Plus with the internet I can watch pretty much any show I want to see anyway.
Sounds like my reason to run the heater.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
You would seriously need to pay me a decent ammount of money to have any interest in TV lol
I am with you Ito, when I was in college, many eons ago :rolleyes:, I never watched TV.

But for me times have changed, to each his own ...Keep up your music and HT love ;)

Peace and Good Sound,

Forest Man

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I ditched my Direct TV about a year ago and haven't missed it for a second. Just using OTA antenna and I get perfect HD broadcasts of every local channel. Hulu and other stuff for the rest of my TV watching.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
im pretty fed up with my cable company, i had to drive 50 miles to try to get a cable box that supported DD 5.1 and then when i got there they gave me some BS about how i live in a town where they refuse to give me a DD 5.1 box, besides, cable is packed full of BS anyways i honestly don't know why i have it.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
When I had cable I only watched the History Channel, PBS, and motorcycle racing on Speed. Wasn't worth the cost, so ~10 years ago I got rid of cable and have had an antenna since. With digital tv I get over 40 channels OTA for free. I still watch more movies than TV so I have no regrets and other than the History Channel, there really isn't much I'm interested in that I don't get.

I also got rid of my home phone about 7 years ago and just use my cellphone. It only cost me an extra $10 to boost my minutes up and I got rid of a $45 a month bill. All my friends called my cell phone anyways, so there really wasn't much point to it.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I would drop cable if the wife didn't "need' her garbage TV, mainly revolving around E!. If this is the best society has to offer, I'd rather be in the dark ages collecting plague ridden corpses.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis