How to use cable remote with x4500h and TV

R

Ras777

Audioholic
A friend of mine just purchased a Denon X4500h and wants to use his cable remote to turn on/off the TV and AVR. He has a Comcast remote and a new Samsung Qled. We did the onscreen set up which fails to turn them on but it does turn off the AVR and TV but within a few seconds, the TV turns back on. TV and AVR are connected thru eARC, cable box is connected to AVR. Any recommendations regarding set up would be appreciated. I hoping it's something simple in one of the setup menus in the Denon or TV.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Could be an issue with the eARC. If the cable box is going through the AVR, just turn off the eARC.

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
It's a setting within Denon. Look for something re primary power. I have the little guy X2400h. Regardless if I use cable remote, TV remote, or Denons app. Receiver powered down, when tv is turn off. You can also wake the tv from each of the source on the receiver remote or tv remote. If your Q series came with the minimalist remote that can control everything. You would have to create an applet on the for the receiver. HTH

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If he needs no audio from the tv, just disable ARC since you don't need it. Could be an HDMI-CEC setting, too. I generally use Logitech remotes for macros, but some cable/avr/tv remotes have some capabilities in that regard....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Would be helpful if the cable box and remote models were available. He has a few options as the Denon X4500 and Qled TV remotes have universal functionality if he wants to use one of them.

R

Ras777

Audioholic
Thanks for the advice. I will have him check the CEC setting on the TV and Denon HDMI control to make sure it set correctly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis