How to Set Up a Home Recording Studio

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Creating your own home recording studio will save you time and money in the long run if you do it right. In this article, we go over the basics of what is needed for an awesome home studio. From room selection and acoustic treatments to studio monitors and microphones, this article gives you a good idea of where to get started in your home studio for beginners.
studio.jpg

Read: Setting Up a Home Recording Studio

B1-66ER

B1-66ER

Audioholic Intern
NO! to the Rokits, how is that even a pick?? There's a LOT of controversy about the Rokits, build quality, acoustics, etc, plus they outright suck, and that's not just my opinion. Try this when picking monitors: SonicSenseProAudio Youtube channel (now defunct) has plenty of comparisons of monitors, but the kicker? Reviews aren't based on some reviewers opinions. They use a great mic and optimal studio setup to compare monitors with an albeit characterless song. It does the job though. You can hear many monitors recorded and compared to the reference track (hint: you want to hear the monitor have ZERO distinguishing features or sounds to the reference track.) The best I've found? Presonus Sceptre S8, which has bang for the buck, plus impeccable performance. SonicSense, again, doesn't do comparisons anymore, I don't know why, but the ones they did are indispensable. The did headphones, mics, DACs, I believe as well. Check the channel out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis