How to Set Up a Blu-ray Player for HD Audio and Video

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If you are fortunate enough to own a Blu-ray player and HDMI 1.3 or newer AV receiver, then welcome to the wonderful world of HD Audio and Video! You've got the tools to, at the very minimum, enjoy 1080P video with lossless audio via Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD or even the new immersive surround formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. But, is your player configured correctly to transmit these signals? Our YouTube instructional video shows you how to properly set up and test to make sure it is.

bdp-105.jpg

Read: How to Set Up a Blu-ray Player for HD Audio and Video

Last edited:
Fugazi

Fugazi

Enthusiast
I have the Oppo BDP 95. I am running a 2.1 system.

From the OPPO Player, I have
the HDMI video sent to the Television and,
the 5.1 mixed down to two channel/Stereo by the OPPO player and coming out the Oppo's two balanced line level outputs to my 2 channel parasound stereo pre-amp.

When I first purchased the OPPO, I was told that I should always choose the two channel mix from the disc if available, since my system is 2.1. Do you agree? sounds like you are suggesting I should always choose the DTS HD.

My understanding is that PCM from the disc is best.
Which should theoretically sound better over 2 channels?

Last edited:
B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
My Sony blurry player shows audio at 192 kHz while my Classe Sigma processor shows only 48 kHz. Anyone know why this would happen? An issue with the Classe?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis