how to position speakers

Z

zamac_man

Enthusiast
I have 5.1 system. It is nothing real special. Center speaker is 60watts at 8ohms. Two front satellites are 60 watts at 4ohms and the two rears are 60watts at 8ohms. My recicever is 100watts at 8ohms on each channel. The subwoofer is a little 30watt sub. This is going in my bedroom which is 14x14. I share it with my brother that is the reason for 2 beds. I tried drawing a picture

the speakers have little slots on the back but I wasnt really wanting to put big holes in my way.

S

Swillz2000

Audiophyte
I ideally want to position your satellites in the corners on stands or wall mounted. The center channel can be put on top of your TV and your sub can be put in different places. You can kind of experiment with that to the effect you want. if it is not theatre enough for you you may want to consider a bigger sub and higher powered amp.

Z

zamac_man

Enthusiast

the blue stuff are windows. The brown square things are shelfs and dressers. The thing on the bottom right is the entrance door and the other is a closet.

I am really wanting a new sub but will probably not get one until I find a really good priced one. Like on clearnce or sumthing

Z

zamac_man

Enthusiast

about my sub budget I do not have a clue. I have just browsed through the subs not really looked good. I do not really even know around the prices on them or what brand to get and all of that

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis