phewie

Audiophyte
Hi,

This is what i have:
Speakers: Dali Rubicon 6
AVR: Yamaha RX-A1070
Int Amp: Cyrus 6vs
Streamer: Bluesound node 2i

Previously my setup was just the Yamaha AVR connected to the Dali speakers. Now that I took out my old Cyrus and want to integrate it together. What advise can you all give me?

I read online which says I can Bi-Amp to my speakers terminals since I have 2. One to drive the highs the other the mid and lows.

I was also told to connect the Front speakers to my Cyrus and do a RCA preout from AVR to the Int amp but then as I do not have bypass in the int amp, was told not advisable.

What options do I have?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
You really didn’t give us much to go on, such as if you intend for the Yamaha or Cyrus to be the primary front end.

The only way to accomplish either one is to connect the pre-amp outputs of the primary unit to an input of the secondary unit.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P

phewie

Audiophyte
You really didn’t give us much to go on, such as if you intend for the Yamaha or Cyrus to be the primary front end.

The only way to accomplish either one is to connect the pre-amp outputs of the primary unit to an input of the secondary unit.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Yamaha is for my 5.1 system. The Cyrus is for my music listening. So i think cyrus for the primany?

but my secondary unit doesn't have ht bypass won't the 2 pre amps "clash"?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yamaha is for my 5.1 system. The Cyrus is for my music listening. So i think cyrus for the primany?

but my secondary unit doesn't have ht bypass won't the 2 pre amps "clash"?
To me it's more that one of your integrated amps is superfluous. Passive bi-amping is just kinda silly, too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I think he wants to bi amp, using one unit for the upper posts and the other unit for the bottom posts...

If I do interpret that correctly, then no. Just, no.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis