Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Good afternoon. I have somewhere around 1000 CD's & maybe 150 DVD's. My problem that I have been unable to rectify is how can I decrease the size of the dvd jewel case labels to fit in cd jewel cases. Does anyone think that a photocopier would be able to reduce the dvd label to the size needed for the cd cases? I bought a fairly large suitcase specifically designed to hold my cd's and thought that I could add my dvd's to it as well but unless I get rid of all jewel cases & use the supplied envelopes (which I don't want to do.), I need to make the labels smaller of if available online, buy labels already done. Just order by titles. Thank-you in advance for your help

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Hello! Welcome to Audioholics!

Are you going to discard the DVD boxes? Why not just cut the labels to size? You'll lose some of the imagery, but, you can choose exactly how to trim the excess.

If you have access to a photo copier, it could be a solution to shrink the DVD label to a specific size as part of copy process.

Do you have a scanner and printer? One option would be to scan the DVD labels and print them to a desired size. You could also take a it USB drive with scanned DVD labels to FedEx Kinkos and have them print them to a desired size.

A more costly option would be to take a stack of DVD labels to FedEx Kinkos and have them do all the work.

Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Hi agarwalro. Thanks for the reply. As to the dvd jewel cases, they will be donated or given away but not thrown out. As for your first suggestion, that is last choice as I would rather not lose any info. As for other suggestions, that is exactly what I thought. But as I don't own a printer scanner due to have bought new units only to trash then less than a year later due to lack of use & cartridges drying out. Anything that I want printed goes on a flash drive & then off to Staples for printing. For me it is far cheaper to buying new printers every year. Ok I guess it is your final suggestion & take all the covers to Kinkos or Staples. I was hoping that I might have found someone online who had set up a business of selling DVD labels already sized to CD cases. Cheers now to do some reading of post to see if I can be of assistance to others. Ttfn.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Can you not just store the DVDs in the original cases?

If not (and I think you should) I would just do a Google search "images" on your movie titles and copy and paste then print what you find. You could resize / cut / crop them to anything you wanted.

There are plenty of templates out there on the 'net for CD jewel case format. Check out a company that is in the CD duplication business for musicians, they will have templates you can use for the tray and for the booklet / foldout.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would just make digital copies and put the discs (with their cases) in storage for backup. I don't handle my media very often.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis