How to eliminate clicking popping distortion between previews on a Blu-Ray?

S

spzusman

Audiophyte
I have been putting up with the brief but annoying clicking, popping, distortion between opening previews from my Blu-ray for years. Is there a way to eliminate it, by some setting on the Blu-ray player menu or the way it is hooked up to the receiver?

I have an Anthem MRX 510 and Oppo UDP-203.

Any advice on set up would be helpful so I can eliminate those pops! (Also a clear explanation why they occur would be helpful to a novice such as myself.) THANKS!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never had such to deal with on any combination of optical disc player and avr so I'd suspect one of your particular units. It just happens during previews of movies and no other use? The normal movie is fine? How do you have it hooked up? HDMI I assume?

S

spzusman

Audiophyte
HDMI hooked up, only at the beginning with the previews. It is as though the Anthem receiver is trying to figure out how the preview material is recorded — so it clicks/pops as it changes between previews. Very annoying, but as soon as the film begins it is perfect!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So seems when the audio codecs are changing in the various previews....I do have an avr that has relays that will click while changing so perhaps the avr is having some switching/circuitry issues.....any way to test with another bluray player?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
It could be when its changing sound mode/signal type since previevs often differ between them or between one and the next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...I do have an avr that has relays that will click while changing so perhaps the avr is having some switching/circuitry issues.....any way to test with another bluray player?
Is that a physical relay? Why is there a need to change between DD or DTS with a physical relay? Are they not in one chipset?

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I have been putting up with the brief but annoying clicking, popping, distortion between opening previews from my Blu-ray for years. Is there a way to eliminate it, by some setting on the Blu-ray player menu or the way it is hooked up to the receiver?

I have an Anthem MRX 510 and Oppo UDP-203.

Any advice on set up would be helpful so I can eliminate those pops! (Also a clear explanation why they occur would be helpful to a novice such as myself.) THANKS!
I have the same problem. Using my Xbox as as the BD player though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is that a physical relay? Why is there a need to change between DD or DTS with a physical relay? Are they not in one chipset?
Never really pay all that much attention to it let alone why. But the sources change between more than justDD/DTS, 2ch is also involved frequently when I've glanced over at the avr display. Will have to pay attention now the next time I use it :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep checking cables/connections as always would be a good analytical step.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, all experiencing this problem....is it consistent with all previews on all discs? I think particular disc authoring has something to do with it as I'm pretty sure it varies somewhat in my case for the relays clicking....

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
For me it’s with certain discs. It seems like the previews that her built-in to the Blu-ray pop and the previews that are streamed don’t pop.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Hey all sorry to try reviving an old thread but I’ve been having an issue and my search results led me here. Used to use the Tidal app on my Android TV but it would always eventually stall. So I am now running it off of a new laptop via HDMI into my Marantz SR7011. About 33% of the times when I’m in the middle of a song and change to another song I get a quick but obnoxious popping/clicking noise almost like a record skipping. Never during a song nor at any other time watching TV and/or movies.
I swapped out HDMI cord, not the issue. Just got all new cables today from BJC and also apparently not the issue. It doesn’t seem to happen when operating tidal off of Bluetooth from my phone so I am suspecting the laptop may be the issue but again it’s brand new. Anyone else run into this?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis