How to create a Signature?

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
I've seen several people with a signature, but I noticed when I go to "User CP" I don't have the option to create/edit a signature. How would I go about doing that? Do I have to reach a certain amount of posts? Thanks in advance! :)

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
...when I go to "User CP" I don't have the option to create/edit a signature. How would I go about doing that? Do I have to reach a certain amount of posts?
I'd be surprised if there was a minimum number of posts required just to be able to edit one's signature. I can edit mine by clicking: User CP>Settings & Options>Edit Signature.

You're unable to do this? :confused:

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
It wasn't there earlier today! LOL :) But the option is there now! Thanks!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Firstly, pimp avatar.

Secondly, you still don't have a signature. Join the group mang.

SheepStar

J

Jusbegood

Audiophyte

I'm also having a problem creating a signature, and uploading an Avatar.
1. On my user CP - Settings & Options,I have the option:
1a. Edit email & password.
1b. Edit profile
1c. Edit options
1d. Edit Avatar
I can't find a setting to edit my signature. As regards editing my Avatar, it says: your current Avatar with the tic box showing do not use a avatar.
You can't untick the avatar box, and you can't reset the fields.
I would appreciate if the moderator of this forum would help, and throw some light on how to resolve these problems. Are there any hidden settings and fields? It's very frustrating; to say the least.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Never thought I'd have to post here myself! :rolleyes:

Administrators, could I ask that some kind person allow me to create a signature/upload an avatar etc? My privileges appear to be blocked at present. :(

H

hifisyd01

Audioholic Intern
Admin- I'd like to be able to create a signature too. Hook a brother up, if you can. Thanks!

general_audiologist

general_audiologist

Enthusiast
I see this thread is years old, but it's still relevant. I have no idea how to create a signature. When I click my nickname I get the following message:

Audioholics Home Theater Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I see this thread is years old, but it's still relevant. I have no idea how to create a signature. When I click my nickname I get the following message:

Audioholics Home Theater Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
I believe 30 posts are now required before new users can further edit their profile.

Am386SXL

Am386SXL

Enthusiast
Many thanks, I think I was going mad because there is no option for a signature.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Yeah, unfortunately we have been getting massively hit with Profile spam-bots since at least January of this year...

They join, then post spam links in their profiles...

We get around 10 to 15 a night... and they're a pain to whack, as they disappear off the online members list in an hour...

The 30 post requirement was just implemented today... hopefully it will curb the spam...

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
We made some more changes and upgrades today. Hopefully that makes your job easier. Let me know.
Heh, thanks Gene :)

The "and they never say thank you" was in reference to Adam's reference to my reference that the spam-bots are a pain to whack...

We have perverse minds... sorry 'bout the mixup...

Edited my post above to make it more obvious... :)

F

felipe

Audioholic
I'm glad I found this thread. I was wondering why I couldn't make a signature;)

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
I'm also having a problem creating a signature, and uploading an Avatar.
1. On my user CP - Settings & Options,I have the option:
1a. Edit email & password.
1b. Edit profile
1c. Edit options
1d. Edit Avatar
I can't find a setting to edit my signature. As regards editing my Avatar, it says: your current Avatar with the tic box showing do not use a avatar.
You can't untick the avatar box, and you can't reset the fields.
I would appreciate if the moderator of this forum would help, and throw some light on how to resolve these problems. Are there any hidden settings and fields? It's very frustrating; to say the least.
I agree with you. I had asked for Gene's help on this but he did not respond at all.I also wanted to add: City & State, and change my title. Add name of our Company. No response.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis