How to check what power rating my vintage speakers are?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
I have a extremely rare and old pair of 12 inch speakers and they sound really good but I can't find a single thing about them anywhere online. I also had to replace the foam surround on them, and so I wanted to know is there a way to check what the power rating is? I use them now in my garage for a stereo system and don't want to overdrive them I have a receiver from the 80's running them sounds great but need to somehow find out what power rating they are?

The name of them are Westinghouse Electric Corporation Model H397D
and there is another number thing: 590V920A01
And so then give me all the specs you can find I can't find a single thing about them. I do have a video of them but it's a crappy video.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Well, we all use the same Internet that you do, so if you can’t find anything on them we won’t either, unless you’re lucky enough to run across someone else who happens to have original documentation for them

There’s no need to worry about overdriving them. Speakers, specifically their woofers, will make rude noises when you over drive them. Just use some common sense and you’ll be fine.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Says portable products division so perhaps these were just a part of a system thus making it hard to find them as a standalone product?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Says portable products division so perhaps these were just a part of a system thus making it hard to find them as a standalone product?
I don't know they could've been do you know of anyother 12 inch speakers that would make good gauge speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know they could've been do you know of anyother 12 inch speakers that would make good gauge speakers?
Have no idea what you mean by good gauge speakers so hard to answer. Like was said, if they start to sound bad, back off the volume dial. Best method!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis