How to add wireless headphones to amp?

1advanced

Audiophyte
How do I add some wireless headphones to amp without having to unplug the connection and plug back in manually each time?

The setup was done by someone else before. It's an older Denon with somewhat complex setup. It has several inputs.

I wanted to at first simply extract the audio from HDMI but then realized it's video only without an audio channel. The speakers are also not built in to TV but connected straight to amp. Anyone had solution for such? Perhaps some sort of switch that can handle those speaker wires with electricity and ability to mute them and switch to headphone audio connection via remote control? Or maybe there is a simpler way.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
How do I add some wireless headphones to amp without having to unplug the connection and plug back in manually each time?

The setup was done by someone else before. It's an older Denon with somewhat complex setup. It has several inputs.

I wanted to at first simply extract the audio from HDMI but then realized it's video only without an audio channel. The speakers are also not built in to TV but connected straight to amp. Anyone had solution for such? Perhaps some sort of switch that can handle those speaker wires with electricity and ability to mute them and switch to headphone audio connection via remote control? Or maybe there is a simpler way.
What is your receiver and what transmits your receiver output to the headphones? There is not nearly enough information here to even begin to answer your question.

1advanced

Audiophyte
Denon AVR-2307CI.

About your second question what do you mean? I don't have a solution yet, that's what I'm asking how to send audio to headphones.

1advanced

Audiophyte
The hdmi output is video only and so I can't extract audio, but even if I could I wouldn't have a way to mute the speakers.

Attachments

C

carlosmiguez75

Enthusiast

You could try a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the amp’s audio output. Some transmitters let you switch between wired speakers and Bluetooth headphones without unplugging anything.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

There is not nearly enough information you have provided. What is your receiver? Those pictures are useless. I can tell you that you can not use the speaker outputs to do what you want.

I also highly doubt that the HDMI outputs are video only, that pretty much never occurs. Far more information is required to see what your best solution is.

1advanced

Audiophyte
You could try a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the amp’s audio output. Some transmitters let you switch between wired speakers and Bluetooth headphones without unplugging anything.
You mean from the binding post connections? Haven't seen one yet. Can you recommend a model?

1advanced

Audiophyte
There is not nearly enough information you have provided. What is your receiver? Those pictures are useless. I can tell you that you can not use the speaker outputs to do what you want.

I also highly doubt that the HDMI outputs are video only, that pretty much never occurs. Far more information is required to see what your best solution is.
I mentioned the model: Denon AVR-2307CI. What pictures would you consider not useless?
I tried to use extractor, there was no sound.
But even if there was one, there would be no way to mute the speakers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I mentioned the model: Denon AVR-2307CI. What pictures would you consider not useless?
I tried to use extractor, there was no sound.
But even if there was one, there would be no way to mute the speakers.
You need to use the zone 2 pre-main RCA outputs. This device will send audio to your headphones.

You can use this cable to connect the Zone 2 out to the transmitter. You can then switch between your speakers, or the Zone 2 out.

The is the best and neatest way to do it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis