How low do does a subwoofer really need to go?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
DIY goes a long ways between 2 commercial subs vs doing your own with intelligent amp/box/driver choice
I'm still learning and I got no shame in knowing I'm not there yet but someday when you guys have the time to walk me through it when I'm ready I would like to learn how to build my own. From what I've learned you can't beat it for the value for performance.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
DIY goes a long ways between 2 commercial subs vs doing your own with intelligent amp/box/driver choice
I'm still learning and I got no shame in knowing I'm not there yet but someday when you guys have the time to walk me through it when I'm ready I would like to learn how to build my own. From what I've learned you can't beat it for the value for performance.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry my button hit repeat for some dam reason

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You should seek help for that mental illness.
What? This is trickle down theory that actually works. When I get around to building the next sub, it will allow the dual 15" to move to another room....but then I am a bassoholic audioholic.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
What? This is trickle down theory that actually works. When I get around to building the next sub, it will allow the dual 15" to move to another room....but then I am a bassoholic audioholic.
Building monkey coffins? I can’t get over that guy who posted that some speakers look like monkey coffins. LOL :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Building monkey coffins? I can’t get over that guy who posted that some speakers look like monkey coffins. LOL :)
That was an old audio retail industry term from the 70s. The late Peter Aczel prolonged its life in the 1990s by using it regularly in his magazine "The Audio Critic".

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. I ordered a few. I’ll share my thoughts in the next week or so.
I got a few of these but haven’t had much time to listen since my GF is home sick this week but will get them going next week.

I did go through a bunch of pipe organ tracks on Mussorgsky Pictures at an Expedition and there are lots of low sub notes. Really enjoying that one and need to give it a thorough listen. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis