speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered a set of the RBH HP-1B headphones. Honestly, I know nothing about them. But, RBH seems to be very well respected on various forums. As such, I decided to order me a set given that clearance price is only $89 shipped! Just curious to see how the HP-1B's stack up to my JBL Everest 700 headphones. Hope that I made a good choice b/c these can NOT be returned for a refund. Anyone here heard/own them? If so, please enlighten me. Thanks! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! I figured someone here has at the very least heard the HP-1B's. It would be especially nice if someone has compared them to say JBL or even the Bose QC 25's/QC 35's. Oh well, guess I will find out soon enough. This will be my first experience with an RBH product. Kind of excited here.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
sorry Phil, can't help you , but for $89 what's the worst that could happen ?? .........if you don't like 'em, give them to Goodwill !

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Wow! I figured someone here has at the very least heard the HP-1B's. It would be especially nice if someone has compared them to say JBL or even the Bose QC 25's/QC 35's. Oh well, guess I will find out soon enough. This will be my first experience with an RBH product. Kind of excited here.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
You will get your $89 out of them!

What I've been seeing online, everybody loves the sound, but there have been several complaints about build quality and that they break fairly easily.

I haven't heard them.

But, I do own 2 sets of the EP-SB in-ears. These are the only in-ears that I have ever appreciated, and they are quite robust and well-built!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
sorry Phil, can't help you , but for $89 what's the worst that could happen ?? .........if you don't like 'em, give them to Goodwill !
I have a feeling that I will like them. For only $89 not much to lose here really. Certainly nothing to fret about. Actually looking forward to getting them and trying them out. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You will get your $89 out of them!

What I've been seeing online, everybody loves the sound, but there have been several complaints about build quality and that they break fairly easily.

I haven't heard them.

But, I do own 2 sets of the EP-SB in-ears. These are the only in-ears that I have ever appreciated, and they are quite robust and well-built!
Thanks Slip as it sounds like I made a good investment. I use my JBL Everest 700's for the most part. Just wanted a solid second choice should something happen to my JBL's. Or, perhaps just adding some extra flavor if you will. Thanks for the info! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Slip as it sounds like I made a good investment. I use my JBL Everest 700's for the most part. Just wanted a solid second choice should something happen to my JBL's. Or, perhaps just adding some extra flavor if you will. Thanks for the info! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
For BT cans, I love my AKG 845BT.
I also have a beater pair of JBL E40BT......save your $ for something better than these.

For wired cans, I have a set of the Senn HD598SE, also the only open-back cans that I have.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
For BT cans, I love my AKG 845BT.
I also have a beater pair of JBL E40BT......save your $ for something better than these.

For wired cans, I have a set of the Senn HD598SE, also the only open-back cans that I have.
Actually, the Everest 700's suite me just fine. No complaints on them whatsoever. But, I wanted another "good" set mainly to use as a backup to my JBL's. Figured the HP-1B's would suffice given RBH's reputation. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of Bose QC25's on sale for $180. Really like how they sound. But, I came across the deal on the HP-1B's that I just could not turn down. They can NOT be returned for a refund either. As such, I took a chance. Hope it pays off. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Actually, the Everest 700's suite me just fine. No complaints on them whatsoever. But, I wanted another "good" set mainly to use as a backup to my JBL's. Figured the HP-1B's would suffice given RBH's reputation. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of Bose QC25's on sale for $180. Really like how they sound. But, I came across the deal on the HP-1B's that I just could not turn down. They can NOT be returned for a refund either. As such, I took a chance. Hope it pays off. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, I don't need a new set, and I just about bought a set of those RBH anyway, just b/c of that price.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I don't need a new set, and I just about bought a set of those RBH anyway, just b/c of that price.
Yeah, deals like that are hard to pass up. I am still a bit new to headphones. Never thought in a million and one years that I would even own/use headphones. But, like all things in life things/needs change. The art of the deal is what it is all about in my book.....LOL!!!! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, deals like that are hard to pass up. I am still a bit new to headphones. Never thought in a million and one years that I would even own/use headphones. But, like all things in life things/needs change. The art of the deal is what it is all about in my book.....LOL!!!! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I used to think headphones were silly too, but then I had never heard great headphones back then.

You can get high quality cans for a fraction of the cost of speakers. And, you completely remove room acoustics from the equation. 2 huge advantages!

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
So, Phil, how do you like the new 'phones... keepers?? At your bargain price, they should be.

I finally added to my headphone collection of two each Koss Pro-4aa's and Sony MDR V6's - first new model here in a quarter century - Hifiman HE-400i's - the best $219 I've ever spent on high fidelity purchase.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So, Phil, how do you like the new 'phones... keepers?? At your bargain price, they should be.

I finally added to my headphone collection of two each Koss Pro-4aa's and Sony MDR V6's - first new model here in a quarter century - Hifiman HE-400i's - the best $219 I've ever spent on high fidelity purchase.
I ended up backing off from them. Much more interested in the HP-2's instead:

https://rbhsound.com/hp2.php

However, money is very tight right now as I am paying some things off. Hope to have a set of the HP-2's sometime later in the year. In the meantime, I am enjoying my JBL Everest 700's. Thanks for asking. Glad you like your Koss/Sony's. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
Yes, I know what it is like to be a little short on funds! Still, it didn't stop me from ordering those HE-400i's early last month. I scraped by... however, it has caused me to cancel my order for some Grado SR80e's for ~$70 after Amazon credits. My neurologist told my wife that increased compulsive shopping was a side effect of the Rx I'm on as well as a symptom of the PD the meds are for! My wife asked him how she could tell as I was already a shopaholic. Now I am spending my 'excess' moola on 'boxing' exercise... they say it helps relieve some of the symptoms of PD (Parkinsons Disease). Last night was my first workout - and I noticed that my tinnitus was gone - I enjoyed the stereo this AM. I just wanted those Grado's because, like me, they were born in Brooklyn!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I know what it is like to be a little short on funds! Still, it didn't stop me from ordering those HE-400i's early last month. I scraped by... however, it has caused me to cancel my order for some Grado SR80e's for ~$70 after Amazon credits. My neurologist told my wife that increased compulsive shopping was a side effect of the Rx I'm on as well as a symptom of the PD the meds are for! My wife asked him how she could tell as I was already a shopaholic. Now I am spending my 'excess' moola on 'boxing' exercise... they say it helps relieve some of the symptoms of PD (Parkinsons Disease). Last night was my first workout - and I noticed that my tinnitus was gone - I enjoyed the stereo this AM. I just wanted those Grado's because, like me, they were born in Brooklyn!!
First of all, best wishes with the PD. Sounds like you are in a good position to deal w/it positively. That can make all of the difference. Life can be very hard and quite often not fair. But, I have learned to take it one day at a time. Have some health issues myself that I am dealing with as we speak. Praying you get to feeling better.

Hope to get my JBL 305's setup soon. have had them for a while now and never taken out of the box. Maybe even this weekend if all goes as planned. Right now I am rocking out to Ozzy:

This one is so well done. My favorite by him. However, Ozzy is NOT may favorite at all. Just love this song! BTW, later this year I will own a set of the HP-2's! ;););) Glad that you are liking your new cans as well.

Cheers,

Phil

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
Be extremely careful removing the LSR-305's from the box as they have absolutely nothing protecting the HF dome and LF cone from wayward fingers! Also, mine, used as PC speakers, sound a lot better 3-4 inches above my desk. I used books for a while - until I discovered (charcoal) hard foam yoga blocks (~$9/pr shipped Amazon Prime). They isolate the monitor speaker from the sounding board resonance of the desk top by removing some nasty LF resonances. I also have my stereo system on the desk, consisting of my Onkyo C7030 CDP and MP-301 MK3 6.5 Wpc Class A SE VT amp driving my '77 vintage Heresys. The sound quality of the two setups is shockingly similar!

I hope your HP-2's are back in stock as soon as you can get them! You are in my prayers for improved health, too. Take care!

John

edited to add: I just checked - my yoga blocks are no longer available. They have grey blocks for $11/pr, however. I just checked something else - with my credits I could get the Grado SR80e for $71 Monday - tomorrow for $75 if I order in the next two hr. Good grief!!

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Be extremely careful removing the LSR-305's from the box as they have absolutely nothing protecting the HF dome and LF cone from wayward fingers! Also, mine, used as PC speakers, sound a lot better 3-4 inches above my desk. I used books for a while - until I discovered (charcoal) hard foam yoga blocks (~$9/pr shipped Amazon Prime). They isolate the monitor speaker from the sounding board resonance of the desk top by removing some nasty LF resonances. I also have my stereo system on the desk, consisting of my Onkyo C7030 CDP and MP-301 MK3 6.5 Wpc Class A SE VT amp driving my '77 vintage Heresys. The sound quality of the two setups is shockingly similar!

I hope your HP-2's are back in stock as soon as you can get them! You are in my prayers for improved health, too. Take care!

John

edited to add: I just checked - my yoga blocks are no longer available. They have grey blocks for $11/pr, however. I just checked something else - with my credits I could get the Grado SR80e for $71 Monday - tomorrow for $75 if I order in the next two hr. Good grief!!

John, thanks for the tips. This is the 2nd set of 305's that I have owned. I had my 1st set on Mo-Pads, then later on studio stands. I agree in that they certainly sound better than when not on the desk directly. Shady mentioned that to me a good while ago and he was absolutely right. Appreciate your kind words and prayers. Here is to you getting better as well. Have a good evening!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis