How extreme are willing to go for cables ?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Guess they figured out how to add lost bits back to MP3s with a cable! :confused::eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, and lets not forget about the reviews for said Denon Link cable. If you haven't read them, do yourself a favor. It's darn near encroaching on those 3 wolves howling at the moon shirt reviews. Hilarious.

Review from Amazon.com said:
I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I want to build and market a router with tubes and suck up some of that sweet audiophile cash. :D

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to build and market a router with tubes and suck up some of that sweet audiophile cash. :D

Jim
I can already see it. Gold plated plugs . Audiophool grade power cable. Crystal legs for stands. Oxygen free antennas. Cnc cut and polished or chromed metal case. Menu interface with gradient gold pallette. This alone should boost the performance (or profit margin) 10 fold.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I can already see it. Gold plated plugs . Audiophool grade power cable. Crystal legs for stands. Oxygen free antennas. Cnc cut and polished or chromed metal case. Menu interface with gradient gold pallette. This alone should boost the performance (or profit margin) 10 fold.
So, I can put you down for an order of 2?

AH discount, "only" $15K for the pair :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I've used some cheap alarm cable 5 core for wiring the cinema processors to amps with not many hassles. 100 meters for £30.00 is not bad. I might go a bit better with if I had few or XLR patch bays fitted on the racks and use cheap length XLR shorter leads from processors mounted on the back of the 19" racks for a more manageable faster connections. Then use longer XLR patched in the going to amps in kitchen.

It needn't cost hundreds.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Really? You mean cables don't need to be burn in? Or skin effects mess up my network?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Raelly? Yuo maen ceblas dno't nede to eb brun ni? Ir skon uffects myss ep me notwerk?
It's obvious though. You're not seeing the effects of this on your end, but trust us, we can clearly see the problem. I've quoted your above post just to illustrate what is actually happening when you post on Audioholics using a clearly inferior cable. This wouldn't happen if you had Denon Link. You don't want people to think you weren't smart enough to get the right cable or just a bad speller that gets his vowels mixed up would you?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis