How do you discover music? Do you still listen to the radio?

cavemanit

cavemanit

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

When I take my hour long drive to work, I usually just hookup my android to the bluetooth and start playing songs I've downloaded so I don't really discover new music UNLESS someone starts singing/playing something in front of me.
I was just wondering how you discover your music and if you still listen to the radio?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't listen to the radio.

I discover music when I watch TV shows and movies.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Internet radio, TV, movies, and hanging around here. As for listening to the actual radio in the car, I avoid it as much as possible.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Through movies, Here, TV, Online mostly(Noisetrade.com, other forums, Pandora etc.) and amazon suggestions. I rarely listen to radio, maybe the Classical station, Jazz and news once in a while. I listen to basically every gen of music.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Amazon. For any album that looks interesting I play the samples to see if I want to buy it. Amazon also has a calendar of new releases, which is a cool feature.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
We're fortunate to have a great local jazz station, listen pretty much daily. jazz89 KUVO Public Radio

The music streaming services like MOG will make suggestions based on your listening habits. I've discovered tons of music I really enjoy that way.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have SiriusXM in the car and it has allowed me to hear Jazz and Blues groups and other genres of music that I would have never heard before..

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Pandora is a good source for me, since I can stream it to my blue ray player, and it actually sounds really good. I rarely listen to FM anymore. Radio stations here in Philly pretty much suck. FM stations don't seem to have the balls to step outside of the main stream. They play the same stuff over and over again. It's like someone is telling them you can only play these 50 songs and that's it. There is so much good music out there, you just have to come across it, somehow. There is one radio program that I do listen to. WKDU 91.7 FM in Philly (Drexel University) on Sunday between 12pm and 2pm. a blend of jazz, acid-jazz, Fusion, funk and soulful house. If you like that sort of stuff... It's on the internet too.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Any way possible.

I'm fortunate to have several college stations crowding the lower end of hte FM dial and that sometimes plays some bizarre stuff, some even like.

Pandora works too. I plug in a few artists I like and then it shoots back others in that vein as well. XM on the highway sometimes plays some new stuff but generally it's stuff I've hears many times before there.

Movies sometimes have some songs that caused me to search them out and explore the artist and/or genre as well.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Radio we have a number of decent stations in Austin although kgsr has changed.
Pandora - Some of the other music it finds beyond your choices can be good.
Live - There's a number of live music series here that are fun to check out, but it's hot in the summer. I miss live at the lake! ACL also has a variety and planning your schedule gets you listening to different bands.

cavemanit

cavemanit

Enthusiast
Wow - awesome guys. Will likely be busy this weekend due to the suggestions. hehe.

S

sinar

Audiophyte
internet radio and amazon mp3 section where i can listen to samples.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Pandora. Also sometimes hear a song/artist I like doing background on a TV show. Search the web for the song/artist, and listen to samples on iTunes or plug in to Pandora.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
turntable.fm - probably the best source for music discovery - for the last year I use it almost daily. Look me up if you visit - username - BSA
On a rare occasion - radio - I am lucky to have Jazz station near me

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I browse internet radio stations at random and save those with playlists to my taste. My friend swears by Spotify.

I

IanU

Audioholic Intern
high end audio Forums,my local record shops recommendations,you tube,friends,T.V

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
For me it is Grooveshark, Amazon mp3 section, or youtube. Be watching or listening on them and will go off on a tangent, hear something I like and the hunt is on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis