How do you connect phone to stereo?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I have a Note5, currently connect with a y-cable. Any benefits using a usb dac, bluetooth or mhl?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've used my Samsung Note 3 phone's Bluetooth to stream music to my Denon. Also tried streaming from Note3 phone to Roku.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the device I am connecting to. Headphone jack isn't always the best method, but if you have bluetooth connectivity issues, it can be far better.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Really need to know what you mean by "stereo" as to what gear it is....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Does your stereo have wifi access?
or just a network access

mhl would be lossless, but pain to find both cable and compatible equipment.
It would simply easier to do ether DLNA over network or BT
But honestly even 3.5 Y to rca is probably fine, depends on speakers etc..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
or just a network access

mhl would be lossless, but pain to find both cable and compatible equipment.
It would simply easier to do ether DLNA over network or BT
But honestly even 3.5 Y to rca is probably fine, depends on speakers etc..
I was thinking of simply using the wifi capabilities of the android device, the network could be connected to whatever gear's in question by hard wire or wifi but hard to know what he's connecting to....and I'm assuming the Note 5 has such. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I was thinking of simply using the wifi capabilities of the android device, the network could be connected to whatever gear's in question by hard wire or wifi but hard to know what he's connecting to....and I'm assuming the Note 5 has such. :)
Note5 has wifi :), I assume you'we asking about OP's audio equipment and clarified that it doesn't need to have wifi, any network will do.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Guess my title should have been "how do YOU connect your phone to your stereo"
I have an Integra dtr 7.8, when I stream it's usually through an Amazon fire box connected via HDMI to the Integra.
Sometimes I'll play through my note5 via y-cable (easier and faster than turning on amazon, tv, ect, ya know first world problems) but doesn't always sound as good as the Amazon. I know the note5 is supposed to have pretty decent playback from what I've read.
Not sure if it would be worth it to invest in a different way to connect my phone. Bluetooth or WiFi would be nice for the simplicity of connecting on the fly. (Any recommendations)
I've seen usb dacs, but I am very skeptical, especially given the cost. (I'll buy a new receiver before I'd go that route)
Should note that it's for 2 channel audio. I'll usually playback from prime music, YouTube, Pandora. I know source quality is also key.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use BubbleUPnP to manage content on my android phone (or pc) for wifi streaming to my avrs and/or bluray players

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Looked at the sound settings on my phone, UHQ upscaler and tube amp pro were turned on, I turned them off and it sounds 100% better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis