How do I sell my stuff here on the forum?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I know, I am such a noob. With all the great deals I get I am sure I could pass that on to the members of the forum, but first you must help a noob to understand the subtleties of selling gear on the forum.:D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Just mail it to me. I'll take care of it for you.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
OK, in reality just go to the Classifieds section:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Post a thread there. Make the title "FS: Item name, price"

Give any pertinent details (condition, accessories, etc) in the post and post what forms of payment you'll accept (check, money order, Paypal, etc). Be sure to include a shipping price.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Just create a thread in the classifieds section with the details of what you want to sell and the price you want for the item. People that are interested will then reply to that thread and/or send you private messages.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Go to the main forum area. There is a classifieds section, for selling your personal stuff. And there is also a deals section, for posting good deals from various online retailers/B&M stores.

Of course, you can also start a thread in this section, titled "I have this this this, and I want to get rid of it, any members have any advice..." People here then will usually get the hint, and will PM you... :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I understand the first part, making a post and such. It is the delivery and payment I am having trouble understanding.

How does someone use their check card, money order, or credit card to make the payment?

How do I determine shipping?

I do know I nead peanuts and boxes to ship, gosh I am such a noob.:D

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Seth=L said:
How does someone use their check card, money order, or credit card to make the payment?
You have to work out payment arrangements with the buyer. Many people feel more secure if you have a PayPal account. I sold a 5.1 satellite system and the buyer trusted me (after many emails and my assurances that I am an honest person) and just sent me a check.

How do I determine shipping?
Simple. Go to the UPS or FedEx website and enter the weight/size of the package and the destination zip code and it will calculate the cost for each available shipping option. I'm sure the US Post Office site would offer a similar service but I have never used it.

You could also go to one of the package shipping stores like PakMail or the UPS store but they will charge an addtional service fee on top of the fee charged by whatever carrier they use.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it is really pretty easy. Sign up for Paypal or the new Google thingy and use one of those. DON'T ship ANYTHING until the funds have cleared, whether online or check/MO.

You actually don't even have to package it unless you want to be 100% sure it is secure. UPS Stores will package it for you for an additional fee.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
j_garcia said:
Yeah, it is really pretty easy. Sign up for Paypal or the new Google thingy and use one of those. DON'T ship ANYTHING until the funds have cleared, whether online or check/MO.

You actually don't even have to package it unless you want to be 100% sure it is secure. UPS Stores will package it for you for an additional fee.
SO SIMPLE, EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
A loop has formed in my mind, help. I answered my cell phone yesterday with "Hello, so simple a caveman can do it" I'm going nuts.

majorloser

majorloser

stratman said:
A loop has formed in my mind, help. I answered my cell phone yesterday with "Hello, so simple a caveman can do it" I'm going nuts.
I can't believe we don't have a member with the user name "caveman", yet.
Then it would mean something around here.

Maybe we can change mulester's user name to caveman...........:rolleyes:

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:

Considering I'm with Seth and really have no clue about Paypal or Ebay or how to even go about selling stuff here; I'm probably the closest thing.
Maybe I sould change my name, again.

Speaking of Mule; where is he?
I actually do miss him.

Mule, Hello??

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:

I'll take it. I'll switch. My high school's mascot actually was a Caveman! SDHS Cavemen. Rah rah. Siss boom bah. Anyway, it fits my knowledge level.

See ya on the other side.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:

You think mulester will go along??;) How about Sheep?:D (he's going nuts with his Honda now).

majorloser

majorloser

Nomo said:
Speaking of Mule; where is he?
I actually do miss him.

Mule, Hello??
His train probably got snowed in somewhere in Colorado.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You know, next to the monkey coffee, this caveman thing has perked up this place. Sure Rj, be the caveman!:D

majorloser

majorloser

rjbudz said:
I'll take it. I'll switch. My high school's mascot actually was a Caveman!
No, really, he was. RJ went to school with the Flintstones :p

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Fred and Barney, I can't see those two pulling off the Geico commercials.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
As I type AMC is showing Conan The Librarian, err, The Barbarian.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis