How can I get the best from this equipment?

H

Harrogate

Audiophyte
Been trawling the net to find the best place to ask this question and here looks better than most. I'm newbie level so apologies in advance if I say anything 'silly'.

I've currently got a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system set up in my computer room, hooked up via 6 ch analogue to a Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic soundcard. The speakers (or the control pod receiver) have started playing up recently and I have to fiddle with them to get them to work.

As far as audio goes, I only really listen to music on my pc. Maybe people will say I shouldn't listen to music as 5.1, but it sounds good to me (I mainly listen to electronic / dance music) :eek:

However, I also have some other equipment recently freed-up from another room; namely a Marantz PM7200 Amp and 2 x Bowers & Wilkins 602s3 speakers.

What would be the best thing to do:

1. Persevere with the Z-5500 set-up and find a new home for the other stuff;

2. Somehow hook-up the amp + speakers to my soundcard and have a 2.0 system (if so, how would I do that); or

3. Somehow mix the whole lot together and get a 7.1 system??

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I guess my first question is what kind of room are you in? If it is a home/office kind of setup where your computer is, it sounds like the Logitech can take care of that.

I would begin setting up a good 2.1 system somewhere else in the house with the decent equipment

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
IMNSHO, I would take the best two-channel (stereo) analog feed from your computer you can, fed it directly to the Marantz, and connect the B &W speakers to the Marantz.

More than than that and you'll simply be going for louder noise.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis