How can I filter out subjects I don't want to see?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'd like to be able to read and respond to the subjects this site was named for, such as AUDIO / VIDEO, etc, and filter out the garbage I don't need to see, all the rants about Trump, guns, abortion, etc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't read them? They're in the steam vent, which is kinda separate from the rest of the forum.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I mean, the thread titles themselves aren't rants. If you're aware of any ranting then you must be clicking on them...

You could just stay out of the steam vent and stick to the sub forums you prefer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When you look at the new posts view though, the ones on the move are mostly the political threads. I like to get a view of what is going on overall when I first hit the site.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does it make a difference in new post view if you subscribe/watch some subforums and not others? I've not tried....

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
@MR.MAGOO Just a minute ago I was thinking this forum is becoming a platform for US political ranting and chaos, of which wears on me too. So I'm sympathetic to your post.

I'm Canadian, and we are subject to a huge amount of this daily in every media supply. Every week it seems another mass shooting, or 1 million deaths from Covid, or a major disaster of some sort => Hurricanes, Tornados, Wildfires, etc. I like to come here to avoid all that doom & gloom, and talk / read about Audio. Not politics or disasters => just Audio.

I typically look at New Posts daily, and read / respond to Audio topics only. I try to skim over the Steam Vents listed but even the titles can bring me down. I wonder if an Admin could tweak the settings to allow a filtered versions of New Posts so one could select topics to become hidden. (Right click to hide?) That way those who find them entertaining or enlightening can still get them, and those who don't can push them aside after reading the subject line - never having to look at them again.

I doubt this will ever become available. But like you, I'd like to avoid it once and for all. ;)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Just like the "Ignore" button we have for other members, it would be nice to have the same for threads in addition to the "Watch" button.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis