Hot Speaker Packages from Destination Audio

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Occasionally we come across a hot deal and we want to let you know about it. Destination Audio is a sister company to RBH and EMP - both of which are known for their high bang-for-buck offerings. Well, they are at it again with a few new 5.1 deals. Now, while supplies last, you can get a pair of their F300T towers (sister to the RBH TK-5CTs), a pair of F300R bookshelves (sister to the RBH TK-5Cs), and a R300C center channel with a 10" Velodyne Impact-10 subwoofer for $999 or a 12" Velodyne Impact-12 for $1049. This is too good of deal to pass up.

Discuss "Hot Speaker Packages from Destination Audio" here. Read the article.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
Occasionally we come across a hot deal and we want to let you know about it. Destination Audio is a sister company to RBH and EMP - both of which are known for their high bang-for-buck offerings. Well, they are at it again with a few new 5.1 deals. Now, while supplies last, you can get a pair of their F300T towers (sister to the RBH TK-5CTs), a pair of F300R bookshelves (sister to the RBH TK-5Cs), and a R300C center channel with a 10" Velodyne Impact-10 subwoofer for $999 or a 12" Velodyne Impact-12 for $1049. This is too good of deal to pass up.

Discuss "Hot Speaker Packages from Destination Audio" here. Read the article.
Is it EMP or is it Destination Audio and do the tower chassis still rattle in the mid range? Have 3 sets of them now that are all have annoying mid frequency rattles.

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
i think this falls into that to good to be true category. It would be nice to see a review on these exact model speakers though. this sale has been going on for a while now if i am not mistaken.

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
Is it EMP or is it Destination Audio and do the tower chassis still rattle in the mid range? Have 3 sets of them now that are all have annoying mid frequency rattles.
It's both, both are RBH products. EMP and Destination offer a SIMILAR package to the former TK series offered by RBH however they use different driver materials to the TK's fibreglass cones, I am not sure if they have the same cabinet construction (I would assume so) or crossovers though (doubtfully as they are different cone materials).

As for the 'rattle' in the mid frequencies, I assume you have opened them up and checked that the wires aren't tapping on the cabinet, they added a thin foam packing that mainly serves to stop wire rattle but that can become dislodged during shipping and handling too. I'd just pull a mid woofer and make sure the wires are clear of the cabinet and are protected by the foam so they don't 'tap' the cabinet. Also make sure there is nothing (wires or foam) near the back of the cone that could be tapping during the excursion.

L

Lodrin

Audiophyte
This type of speaker package has been going on/off "sale" at the Audioholics store and/or directly from EMP at ebay for the better part of a year. It was available for ~$850 just a few weeks ago (even less with Microsoft Cashback), now they want $1000 for the same thing.

I don't view this as a sale.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I think my sister bought this package directly from the RBH headquarters. I took her down there and I'm not sure if it was the velodyne sub, or an RBH one. But her final price ended up being 1,010 give or take. She was real pleased with it, but she isn't an audiophile. She was just excited to get better speakers than she could have gotten at Best buy or another place like it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis