D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1696453177828.png

Mark Patton accidentally I guess became one of the great scream queens in Elm Street 2. Unfortunately the movie ended up being one of the worst in the cannon (hello New Nightmare), but they did a docu on Patton's life as an honor to his role. He's right up there with another great in Heather Langenkamp.
1696453129832.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Love that scene in the original Elm Street where the mother checks in on her in the bedroom. Then after she leaves the daughter pulls out a whole frickin coffee pot from under the bed. :p

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I went looking for Nancy’s house a few years ago when staying in Los Angeles. It’s actually just a few blocks from Lindsey’s and Tommy’s houses from Halloween. They are all in West Hollywood. The Strode and Myers houses are in South Pasadena.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
The original Nightmare is a classic and with Johnny Depp what’s not to like. Still have my talking Freddie doll and knives glove from a Halloween many years ago. Friday the 13th is only a week away kids so don’t fall asleep Or Freddie will get you In your dreams (or is it nightmares)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pasadena is expensive. The previous owners kept Halloween memorabilia on the porch.
Actually, I would have expected it to go for more than that in Ca. I looked it up, median home price in Pasadena is $1.2m, so it is right in that range.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I like visiting Pasadena but Southern California real estate is out of control. Interestingly, the most famous house of the "Halloween" movie almost didn't make it. The Myers house was nearly bulldozed for a housing development on Meridian Ave. It was rescued at the last minute and moved across the street and down to the corner of Meridian Ave and Mission Street.

Here is a pic with the Myers house on the right. If the building on the left looks familiar, that is because the corner unit was used for the Nichols Hardware Store from which Micheal Myers stole some supplies and his mask.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 9.59.28 AM.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
SF bay area costs more than So Cal in general. Median price in San Jose, for example, is $1.4m.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, LA real estate is out of control, SF real estate is out of this world.:oops:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Actually, I would have expected it to go for more than that in Ca. I looked it up, median home price in Pasadena is $1.2m, so it is right in that range.
I've seen the inside from a YT video. It isn't even updated, which probably explains its lower price.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hahaha saw the headline "Saw X." Think I'll pass. ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
SPOILERS
1696778603578.png

Sick (2022)- about a killer who invades a home. Turns out the motivation for why was due to covid. Mother's revenge because a young woman was out partying and infected her son who died. I liked the part earlier where the girl is running from the killer and the mother wouldn't let her in the car till she put on a mask LOL. WTH! Then the reveal about the mother came after. There's also a hilarious part where a killer gets his head beaten in several times with a metal pot but later comes to for a climax LOL. In the end the psycho mother gets gasoline doused on her and lit on fire.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Doing the AMC marathon a fair amount this month. Turned it on to Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth. Woman is running from the various characters that appear in the street. Except that it's not really running but slo mo as if to showcase the appearance of each villain vs getting the hell outta there. Then the cops have a blockade set up. Start firing at them and theres a gas leak. They yell get outta here, but the two cops had time to beat the explosion too LOL.
1697665735925.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the Hellraiser reboot. It was MEH. Not terrible, not great.

You can use
spoiler
tags for descriptions so you don't spoil things.

We just finished Creepshow S4, was a decent season.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Doing the AMC marathon a fair amount this month. Turned it on to Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth. Woman is running from the various characters that appear in the street. Except that it's not really running but slo mo as if to showcase the appearance of each villain vs getting the hell outta there. Then the cops have a blockade set up. Start firing at them and theres a gas leak. They yell get outta here, but the two cops had time to beat the explosion too LOL.
View attachment 63825
Hellraiser 1 & II: great, imaginative gothic horror movies.

Hellraiser 3: trash. Awful godamn movie. It's like a 14-year-old boy got a hold of the franchise and only cared about gore money-shots to the exclusion of everything else.

Hellraiser 4: Meh. Deeply flawed but ambitious movie, and not nearly as bad as 3.

Hellraiser 5: Pretty good, best after the first two.

Hellraiser 6: Like a badly directed version of 5. Don't bother.

I have seen a couple past 6 but they are so unmemorable that they blend together. Not good movies.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A bit off topic but I am going to stay in the Stanley hotel on Oct 30 the night before Halloween. Couldn't book Halloween because it was booked. This was where the Shining was filmed, and I have always wanted to see it and have a beer in the haunted bar.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Watching the Fall of the House of Usher. An 8 part series on Netflix. Each episode has a take-off of an Edgar Allen Poe story which is cool. 5 episodes in with 3 to watch before Halloween. Pretty good so far. Not too gory with a few good jolts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis