Hoping someone can help me out with DTS problem.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It’s a Little WD hard drive I got from wal mart a while ago that was just laying around. I’ll try these suggestions and report back.
That's more than likely your issue then....if it's one of those little USB powered drives, you are getting a momentary data sync loss when jumping around track to track.

E

Elvis1118

Enthusiast
That's more than likely your issue then....if it's one of those little USB powered drives, you are getting a momentary data sync loss when jumping around track to track.
you Know, I was just thinking that myself. I may try burning this stuff on to dvd-R discs and see what happens

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
you Know, I was just thinking that myself. I may try burning this stuff on to dvd-R discs and see what happens
Even though those little USB drives are slow, a DVD data disc is about 20 times slower....so, that won't help.
Best best is to use a larger regular hard drive.
And, make sure the drive is kept defragged.
Even defragging the drive you are using now might help...if the seek arm in the drive has to look all over the place for the file, there is going to be a delay.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The USB voltage on the Oppo could be limited, might try a wall wart to power it?

E

Elvis1118

Enthusiast
I did try a few things(including the dvd-R before I saw the response I had) and no dice so far. I’m gonna try defragmentation of the drive and I’ll try a wall wart too if that doesn’t work.

im going to be busy solid with work the next 2 days so I probably won’t get a chance to test it until Wednesday.

Tulonarinchu

Tulonarinchu

Audiophyte
That burst of white noise can be annoying. It sounds like a decoding issue. Try adjusting the audio settings on your Oppo player. Check if there's an option to delay audio output slightly to sync it with your Yamaha receiver's decoding. You might also want to ensure that both your player and receiver are updated to the latest firmware. If the problem persists, reach out to the Oppo support community; they might have specific solutions for this scenario.

E

Elvis1118

Enthusiast
It’s still doing it but I did seem to notice that after defragmenting the drive that it’s not doing it as much as before I may try another drive just to see what happens.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It’s still doing it but I did seem to notice that after defragmenting the drive that it’s not doing it as much as before I may try another drive just to see what happens.
Good...that proves that it is caused by the speed of the drive.
I use hard drives for everything, and have much experience keeping them fast and healthy.
I never ever use those little "plug and play" type drives.....they are slow and clunky.

E

Elvis1118

Enthusiast
Good...that proves that it is caused by the speed of the drive.
I use hard drives for everything, and have much experience keeping them fast and healthy.
I never ever use those little "plug and play" type drives.....they are slow and clunky.
I’ve used hard drives but never for this purpose so I’ve been kind of learning on the fly.

another thing I tried on a whim that’s also reduced the issue, or at least seams to have anyway is instead of pausing the end of a song before jumping to another I just let it play and changed the song as the other one was still playing. I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything but anytime I paused it I would lose the DTS signal and my receiver would just show “Pro Logic II”until I started again then it would show DTS again.

But regardless, I’m very happy with the progress here, even if I don’t get it to perfect.

Thank you to everyone here!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis