hooking together two receivers

R

redd454

Audioholic
how can i connect my two yamaha receiver,s together, playing same stream same time as the control amp, my reason, i wish to gain more sub control, using second amp.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Receivers aren't designed to be interlinked that way. If you have top shelf units with multiple HDMI outputs, you may be able to daisy chain them, but since you want to do this at all, I'm guessing you don't have top shelf units.

What you're asking about doesn't make a ton of sense, especially without an equipment list as part of the questions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know how a second receiver would give you more sub control....each has a sub pre-out or are you using some sort of passive sub? Without knowing make/model of gear you want to utilize and what "control" amp you're referring to...

R

redd454

Audioholic
yes i am sorry, 4 150 watt monoprice powered sub's one 400 esp/250p jbl, wich is much louder, the control i was refering to, is with a secondary amp., perhaps, hook the weaker sub's to it,only, giving some seperate volume control to those sub's while jbl would stay on control amp, i am not seeking additional power however, ake any sence? all my eq. is yamaha, i know how to do this patching a loop through my eq-500,yet im not sure the vol. would be seperate, long story short, i don't want to turn down my jbl, to balance with the weaker sub's

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Each sub has it's own amp, not sure what you mean by secondary amp....or control amp for that matter. You can't compare different subs just by their rated amp power. Are you trying to gain match or level match the subs?

R

redd454

Audioholic
using the second rx. yamaha rec. lfe out, for the weaker monoprice sub's only, no other speaker's on unit, in this way i can give them a little more gain, and balance system out, my thought's anyway's

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
But, don't your subs have volume controls right on them? Turn them up! If that's not enough, then adjust the gain of the LFE output in the setup of the receiver. Then you can turn down the volume of the more powerful subwoofer.

I certainly wouldn't use a second receiver to do this when you already should have all the tools you need in the subwoofers that you already have and within the single receiver.

Turn the lfe output up to 11 then turn down the volume on the JBL if you need to.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You also don't need a receiver just to act as a volume control. Seems like a huge complication for what shouldn't be a complex issue.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Each sub has it's own amp, not sure what you mean by secondary amp....or control amp for that matter. You can't compare different subs just by their rated amp power. Are you trying to gain match or level match the subs?
I'll just say Marcus... :D

R

redd454

Audioholic
your right,however my on screen adjustment for lfe, initialy set at 0db adjustable to -20db, no posative db gain on rec.,anyway something else under lying is wrong, at first before i started fooling with my amp. trying to link, i have 4, 15" main's, alot of bass allready', but something i did, after a while,no bass in main's, and to activate lfe, you have to go on screen, and select both, main and sub. or the won't come on, still more so bass sound,not much subsonic, i assume the main line is feeding the lfe, or it won't work? god i hope i don't need a new amp.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
how can i connect my two yamaha receiver,s together, playing same stream same time as the control amp, my reason, i wish to gain more sub control, using second amp.
What models? Can't possibly say if it will work if the models aren't known.

R

redd454

Audioholic
i don't think i'm gonna do it anyway thank's, the control rec. would have been my rx-v2095-to the next model yamaha down, however, i may have to replace this rec. now, i hope not, it's been a great one, but i think by messing with it, i damaged low end and lfe, not done testing, however my four 15" main's have lost alot of bass, and unless you go on to on screen menu, and select both,sub and main, sub's won't automatically come on, when select both, they just stay on, receiving lfe signal, but it just sound's like reg. bass to me, i have located a nice pre-owned replacment if ness., i'm givin up my vision lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis