R

redd454

Audioholic
hi, i have two powered 12" monoprice sub's, line in, pre out's, i also have two other sub's, not same brand, yet almost same, have ran from each sub's out's, to rear sub and side sub, monoprice sound great,yet no real sound from other's,can feel sub speaker moving, yet no presence, have tryed moving ect. nope sugg.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You can't just keep adding subs to a system and expect a performance increase. They have to be integrated. It would really help to have a measurement system or at least an SPL meter. You have to make sure they are all additive in phase. You have to make sure that placement does not cause cancellations. If you don't have a way to measure and see what you are doing then it is a crapshoot, and you will have to do it by ear with can be tedious and uncertain.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thank's, i have been doing the tedious, i realize all the tec. however my human ear's aren,t going to tell, i just want to hear them sometimes, four subs is not to many, infact, good, without getting tec. i know if you want it exact, what to do, but i hear nothing, movement from speaker, yes, no real audio, even if they wern't right, i should hear something yes?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The problem is the subs could be playing hard, but if they aren't positioned well or set up well, you still won't hear any real gains from them. This is why you have to take care to set them up. You don't automatically get any substantial audible gains from simply adding more subwoofers. They have to be dialed in. Blindly throwing subwoofers into a system could even make it worse.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
hi, i have two powered 12" monoprice sub's, line in, pre out's, i also have two other sub's, not same brand, yet almost same, have ran from each sub's out's, to rear sub and side sub, monoprice sound great,yet no real sound from other's,can feel sub speaker moving, yet no presence, have tryed moving ect. nope sugg.
Try hooking up the other subwoofers directly to your receiver. You can use "Y" cables to split the subwoofer output from your source receiver to feed to different subwoofers; for 4 subwoofers, you can use 3 "Y" cables, one to split the signal into two, and then one on each of the output ends of the first "Y" cable to split each of those into two, resulting in a total of 4 outputs to go to each of your 4 subwoofers. But before you buy any Y connectors, just try hooking up those extra subwoofers directly to your receiver to make sure they are working properly.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thank,s, since that time i purchaced a jbl-es250p, actually ran it by it's self, as a test, as my lfe out seem' less than one can expect,, my receiver is yamaha rx-v2095, the jbl wont even come off stand by, unless i select both main and sub for lfe signal, and then it doesn,t have a sub bass, the jblis a 400 watt min. sub amp 700 watt max, it should be shakin the wall,s?????????????

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis