Home theatre - Plasma or LED better? Which is more suitable for my setup?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know anyone else that has this problem, but it makes LCD's a no buy for me.
I have a slightly different and perhaps very minor problem but the end result is the same, that I am more comfortable with plasma. LCD/LED backlit looks more like video to me and plasma is just more film like. I also find it a bit like comparing a CRT monitor with fresh rates set to 60 and one that is set much higher.

S

sevenz

Audioholic Intern
I would like to personally thank everyone here for your useful advice. In the end, I managed to get myself a good conditioned used plasma LG 50pk550 at less than $400. And i must say... The motion perf, natural and very nice toned colors was a very huge step up from the mid range led/lcd!!! :eek:

Last time when i watched action movies (with fast motion) eg TF, used to get a headache and can't see the movements properly. Now i can see every single movement so clearly without any dizziness! Wow! And panny Shld be even better. :eek:

Though there is reflection, but the improvement in pq is well worth it! I just need draw my curtains in the day when i watch a movie. Hehe. Thanks everyone! :D ;)

*hi-five everyone*

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I love the room, I love the setup, I love the audio, and I think you should go plasma as long as you have something you can draw over the window during the day. You don't need to darken the room, just filter a portion of the light.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis