Home Theater Update 2023

D

David Harms

Audiophyte
Hello All,

Am going to freshen my home theater setup. The TV I am looking at is the LG G3 83".

Right now, we are just using a soundbar. I want better audio.

I am thinking I will need a new receiver and some wireless speakers.

My budget is $10 to $11k. If I go with LG it that will cost $6500, Estimating $1k to have someone install the new TV and move the old one to bedroom. In the bedroom they will have to take an old Sony 55" down and install the 65" LG from the back room.

I am having a buddy build me a gaming PC that will become part of the new setup. Might add an XBox or PS5 (not sure about that) (The gaming PC is not part of the budget).

That leaves me $2500 to $3500 for audio. My wife will not let me run any more wires than what we have.

Currently I have cables already run for Front Left Right and Center and I have 2 small Bose speakers mounted on the ceiling in the rear of the room. Don't ask why we are not using them (it's a long story) :) .

I think I want to go wireless and just do away with the old speakers.

Am attaching a pdf with a dimensioned layout and a couple of photos.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Much Obliged!
David Harms

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wireless isn't really wireless. Still have power cables and speaker cables involved. The wireless systems to add on to normal speakers and receivers are limited in both availability and capability. You'd need a receiver with a full set of pre-outs, which can increase costs. Something like these transmitters and receivers https://www.svsound.com/products/soundpath-wireless-audio-adapter that you can match with amps are available.

If you go Yamaha their MusicCast enabled gear may or may not allow use of surrounds wirelessly if you stay within their ecosystem. I don't believe Denon's Heos has gotten there yet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis