Home theater setup for a small living room.

N

nigio

Enthusiast
before placement.jpg

Hello to the community.
I would like to setup my new home theater at a structure 5.1.2 and I want your help tin order to make the right choices for my living room
I live in a small apartment and the living room has the above structure.
The atmos speakers will be placed on the front wall close to the ceiling.
The living room dimensions is about 2.90 m x 4 m but is extended to the dining room as you see (another 4m long.)
w.jpg

Please note that I leave in Europe, Greece. My budget is around 2k to 3k (flexible in order to get the best performance.)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
That’s about $2,400-$3,600 US (most of us are in the US) but what brand’s are you considering that are available in Greece? That may help some people here make appropriate recommendations.

Thanks and good luck in your new found hobbie.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
It looks like you can get a Yamaha RX-V6A, Focal Chora center and 3 pair of Focal Chora bookshelf speakers for around 3000€ in Greece. Not sure what you want to do about subwoofers but you are in an apartment.

N

nigio

Enthusiast
What about the speakers to be placed high at the front wall?
Here are some solutions:
1)
https://lu.teufelaudio.com/satellite-speaker-s-600-fcr-105138000 x 5
Total cost:3100 euros.

2)
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/12661654/Focal-Sib-Evo-5-1-Black.html?from=catspan
(sub is useless I think in the above set)
Total cost: 3000

3)
Total cost: 2800

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Your first two options are only a receiver, height speakers and a sub unless I misread something. Your third option is great but the Yamaha is almost half the price of the Denon but both are great choices. The sub looks nice on paper, what are your options for a new place to live once you use it in an apartment? The old lady downstairs won’t be happy when her pictures fall off the walls.

N

nigio

Enthusiast
Please open the link above the height speaker in option 1(teufel satellites x5), and the link above the receiver for option 2(focal sib evo). You think yamaha is a better option than denon? You think the sub is overkill for the place(xtz /svs)? Svs prime sattelites are strong enough for the specific place?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Sorry, it’s all Greek to me

everything you posted looks great. You can always turn the bass down but 20hz will travel through a couple apartments even at pretty low volumes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis