Home theater set up

O

oli

Enthusiast
I have a question. I have a Apt/Holman Preamplifier and a Amber amplifier that I useto to use with a microseiki turntable. Can I utilize the preamp and or amplifier in any useful way for my theater surround sound quest?
I don't have anything yet in the way of a theater set up, and right now I am looking at receivers, but know virtually nothing about them. I would like to have a tuner with the system.
I just hate to dump anything if there is anyway I can utilize them to produce some good sound and movie enjoyment.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
oli said:
I have a question. I have a Apt/Holman Preamplifier and a Amber amplifier that I useto to use with a microseiki turntable. Can I utilize the preamp and or amplifier in any useful way for my theater surround sound quest?
I don't have anything yet in the way of a theater set up, and right now I am looking at receivers, but know virtually nothing about them. I would like to have a tuner with the system.
I just hate to dump anything if there is anyway I can utilize them to produce some good sound and movie enjoyment.

The preamp will be useless in a home theater setup.
As to the amp, that depends on its power output and whether the receiver has rear channel pre amp outputs in which case, if you want, you can utilize it to drive the rear speakers. Or, if it is a real powerful amp, you can drive the front left and right or some other combination.

Most receivers have a tuner as that is what makes it a tuner ;) I guess then all receivers have to have a tuner :)
Start reading the posts around here, ask questions, and you will get the swing of home theater :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis