home theater seat up

T

Timbo71

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo Av Rec TX N838,WITH Kplisch K-Horns as fronts, with cheap Kplisch center channel and Kplisch in wall rears.I have No Sub Woofers as I don't believe I need them with the K- Horns.Also am running a Yamaha 150wpc amp,just for the K Horns thru the pre amp outs.any comments on my set ups?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you enjoy it why care what others think? But, since you asked.... :)

Which K-horn model do you have? Properly setup in the corners? Maybe enough low bass for you, but likely wouldn't be for me....I'd still use subs. The avr is probably sufficient to drive them alone, too. You put surrounds in the rear wall?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
The Khorns doesn’t dig very deep. For movies you may still enjoy the benefits of a subwoofer.

T

Timbo71

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo Av Rec TX N838,WITH Kplisch K-Horns as fronts, with cheap Kplisch center channel and Kplisch in wall rears.I have No Sub Woofers as I don't believe I need them with the K- Horns.Also am running a Yamaha 150wpc amp,just for the K Horns thru the pre amp outs.any comments on my set ups?
My K-horns wer don't see how a sue bought in 1983,there rated @20Hz

T

Timbo71

Audiophyte
My k-horns are from 1983 ,in corners rated at 20hz,room is approx 20x25',on movies with low bass the large pictures on the walls move to tilted positions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My K-horns wer don't see how a sue bought in 1983,there rated @20Hz
The @ sign with a member name right after notifies them (see how its highlighted now?).....so old "20Hz" has now been summoned by you :) A space between the @ and the 20hz would avoid that.

What particular rating is that at 20hz, tho? Is it an in-room f10, f6 or f3 ? Have you ever measured response? OTOH if you don't look to deep bass they could work fine I suppose (it's been quite a while since I heard a pair, tho). I'd still rather have deeper bass via subs but YMMV.

T

Timbo71

Audiophyte
The @ sign with a member name right after notifies them (see how its highlighted now?).....so old "20Hz" has now been summoned by you :) A space between the @ and the 20hz would avoid that.

What particular rating is that at 20hz, tho? Is it an in-room f10, f6 or f3 ? Have you ever measured response? OTOH if you don't look to deep bass they could work fine I suppose (it's been quite a while since I heard a pair, tho). I'd still rather have deeper bass via subs but YMMV.
Thanks for your response

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis